'de Historibus Europae 1520-1721

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about now then?

I've once again uploaded a new archive, use the link in the first post...

Strangely enough this didn't happen to the playtest zips (all testers where PC users).
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Henrik,
      one thing to say, I think that the game is going to be very slow for a pbem game
      the units are quite expensive in my humble opinion
      it's gonna take years to have a decent army

what do the other players say?
      Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Judging from your old playtest version or the current version? (Which would mean you actually got it to work! Yay! )

The scenario has changed some since I had the spanish forum playtest...

Comment

Congrats!

Great scenario Henrik. Got it to work with the 2nd file. Looks VERY good. I really like the graphics, tech tree, map size, and use of wonders and improvements.

A few misspellings.

The Turks should be able to make allies w/the French. Or can they? I haven't looked into your events file.

Now why is this scenario not good for SP ? It looks good to me.
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Exile

Henrik said a while back its OK for SP, its just not optimized for SP. It was designed as a PBEM.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Hooorray!!!!!
              Please rename Brindisi to Taranto... and Novibazar to Novi Pazar. La Coruña, co( Alt - 164 )o !!!!

PS Few tips on Italy map...

Bari is placed south of Gargano promontory . Firenze a couple of squares more to north. Trento, not Trient. Pinerolo to 152,132 ( or rename it to Aosta ). Milano to 162,128. Nizza to 149,137 ( it seems more Tolone then nice Nice now... ). Erase into sea 159,159 and 159,157 form Sardinia, the coast will be a lot more regular.
              Last edited by Prometeus; April 10, 2003, 17:17.
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                Judging from your old playtest version or the current version? (Which would mean you actually got it to work! Yay! )

The scenario has changed some since I had the spanish forum playtest...
                ok
                let's take it a look
                how did the playtest game end?
                Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Re: Congrats!

The Turks should be able to make allies w/the French. Or can they? I haven't looked into your events file.
                  No, I'm afraid they can't. However in MP/PBEM there is nothing stopping them from making agreement that doesn't actually involve exchanging units/techs/money. With other words they can still cooperate if human lead but I had to sacrifice actual ingame alliances.

Originally posted by Exile
                  Now why is this scenario not good for SP ? It looks good to me.
                  Basicly it is playable but the AI cheats a lot which will make for some rather strange historical situations. While it'd be suicide for a human Spanish player to try to run a Reformed (protestant) Monarchy, the AI can do so and simply ignore the unrest that goes with it
                  The scenario is still quite playable however, it just play's better with human oponents.

If there is enough interest I might make a special SP or even online MP version...

Thanks for the tips prometeus, in a future update I will probably change those city names and locations.
                  Special characters like ñ or ö are out, simply becouse they'll never look the same on both PCs and Macs, and while I might be the only macer around I prefer full compatibility between the platforms.

Now I wonder how I'd go about uploading this thing to apolytons permanent scenario archive...

Comment

Re: Re: Congrats!

Thanks for the tips prometeus, in a future update I will probably change those city names and locations.
                    Special characters like ñ or ö are out, simply becouse they'll never look the same on both PCs and Macs, and while I might be the only macer around I prefer full compatibility between the platforms.
                    Roger. Gotta play with Turks now.
                    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Re: Re: Congrats!

Basicly it is playable but the AI cheats a lot which will make for some rather strange historical situations. While it'd be suicide for a human Spanish player to try to run a Reformed (protestant) Monarchy, the AI can do so and simply ignore the unrest that goes with it
                      The scenario is still quite playable however, it just play's better with human oponents.

If there is enough interest I might make a special SP or even online MP version...
                      I agree it is very playable in SP. But Henrik Im interested if you ever get the chance to optimize this scenario for SP. And I mean what I say: "Optimize". Right now it is very playable SP.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I still can't get it to work. It tels me that there are bad "pics" ore something and i can't understand what is wrong with the events file.

"You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
                        - Queen Kristina

Comment

I get an error that he can't play it in WIN32? :s
                          Greetz, Ramses

Comment

Gerry, not sure how to help you
                            Did you try all 4 different files that have been posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsses
                              I get an error that he can't play it in WIN32? :s
                              Not sure what this means either. None of my testers reported anything like it

Comment

Henrik

If you want send me the files via email.

conmcb25@bluemarble.net

Jus dont zip them, break them up into several emails if you have to.

No sounds right now.

Ill take them and zip them and then post them here and we can see if they work.

Comment

Working...
                                X