Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soviet Steel - Join In The Construction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Chancellor
    Does the patch fix the USN carrier's inability to carry air units? I would have mentioned it earlier but was distracted.
    I think so. The Soviet carrier had the same problem, but now it works fine!

Comment

• Yep, that is fixed in the current rules I have posted!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• @curtsibling: would you be so kind to email the files to me? my f***** computer won´t let me download them .... my email address would be steph_sander@hotmail.com, thanks in advance. I could offer some dirty tracks for the tanks in exchange ... if you like them.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed the spy thing?

Would y'all prefer to have them as events-supplied super units...?

Comment

• Thanks, I see that it does. On another note: NKVD regiment units currently come from the "Cult of Personality" advance, leaving the "NKVD Regiments" useless.

Comment

• Tashkent should be a Russian city.

Comment

• Originally posted by jim panse
                @curtsibling: would you be so kind to email the files to me? my f***** computer won´t let me download them .... my email address would be steph_sander@hotmail.com, thanks in advance. I could offer some dirty tracks for the tanks in exchange ... if you like them.
                My happiness is to help, the files are coming your way, dude!

Comment

• Rifle brigades have a single movement point. Whether or not they are supposed to, there is no reason (aside from coolness factor) for building them as Barrage Battalions have identical stats, better firepower and ignore city walls.

Comment

• Same with Scots Regiments/Royal Commandos. Scots Regiments do everything Commandos do, but better and for fewer resources.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

• Ooh Big Problem: The Airplane Trireme Factor allows planes on aircraft carriers to sink. Cool message, though.

Comment

• A few notes I've taken as the Chinese (original files)

Chinese start out with several European tank models, and building euro troops.
                        the 150mm arty is a helicoter unit?
                        America is the only country that can build engineers?
                        China can't talk to anyone?
                        some of the events are too wide for my screen, like the mig project.

China has a HUGE cash defecit when it starts out.
                        It would be nice if Nanking was connected to the Chinese rail network, as it it, it takes an infantry unit 5 turns to get from PEKING to Wuchang.

Shouldn't Motor Infantry have a higher movement rate than the regular infantry?

Comment

• also, is a rail depot needed to grow beyond size 8 or size 6? I have a suspicion that it is 6 and not 8 as all of my cities are begging for rail depots

Comment

• (1) thanks for sending me the files curt. I´m hust having a first glimpse on your great work.

(2) I noticed some minor things you could reconsider:

- San Diego (25,56) is way too far south, I guess 51,53 would be better (though I do not know if you wanted the city to be there where it is right now).

- why is canada not in the NATO? and why is spain a member of the NATO (and why austria? we were occupied by the 4 main allied powers)

- iraq should be british after all in 1950 ...... as singapore schould be british too.

- i would rename Guam to Iwo Jima and give Okinawa to the US. don´t beat me but I think Pearl Harbor is spelled that way.

- why vietnam belongs to the warpac allies? as far as i remember were the french present in indochina up to dien bien phu (1954).

- imho, Port Moresby (4,92) should be at grid 7,95.

ok, that´s all for now. don´t beat me for announcing these things, your scenario looks really, really great curt!

edit: i forgot to mention singapore.

Comment

• I've just fired up civ and it looks fantastic Curt

How do you do those title screens? Is it some fancy font or do you painstakingly draw the lettering by hand? Either way, this one, and those for the other dictator scenarios, are excellent. Good work, fella
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Why is Libya split into two nations? Also, Walvis Bay is part of Namibia, which until recently was governed by South Africa, so it should probably be a Neutral city.

Why the communist insurgency in Puerto Rico?

The Cuban revolutionaries really need to be strengthened as I retook the island with great ease.

If you leave Suez under the control of non-NATO nations, you should make Eqypt one country and unify Suez with Alexandria and Cairo.

The "Mobile" in "V-3 Rocket Launcher" is misspelt ("Mobilie")

Aden should be further south-west.

Gulags should do something to be worth their cost.

Scots Regiments are 30 shields cheaper and 1 hit-point better than Royal Commandos. Are both needed?

Speaking of Royal Commandos, the US has one in Tokyo.

Landwehr Divisions is a dead-end technology and is useless. Royal Navy also does nothing.

You have a lot of misspellings in the Tech Tree, like "American Intrests" and "Idependant Army."

The Tu-95 Bomber is set to arrive with "USAF Bomber Campaign."

With regards to spies, I like them the way they are, but the computer is really dumb with them, so perhaps they would work alright as missile units...?

What's the point with the advance "US Airborne?"

South Vietnam should be independent, Vietnam having been partitioned at around the same time as Korea.

EDIT: Mentioned Vietnam and learned my cardinal directions.
                                Last edited by Iron Chancellor; June 2, 2003, 17:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X