ok, as the secrecy is broken ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, as the secrecy is broken ...

ok guys, the next scenario will be one covering Operation Market Garden. my intention behind revealing this topic was that fairline guessed right what i´m creating since a couple of weeks of planning and information-gathering.

well, i´m not looking forward to a september 17 release but this will take some time. some weeks, maybe a month. the map is about 40% finished, like the units.

- darth, would you mind telling me how you created the gfx for the nighttimes in your bulge scenario?

- anyone else: i would need a daimler mk.II armored car (look in the ww2-79 gfx thread for pics)

thanx in advance. i´m going to post the progress in this thread

the shields ....

ok, the shield i´m using:

1st row: Germany, Fallschirm-Armee, SS, Swastika, German Cross x2, 2 different types of the division sign of the 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich";

2nd row: USA, 82nd Airborne "All American", 1st Allied Airborne Army, 101st Airborne "Screaming Eagles", USAAF, US 1st Army sign;

3rd row: UK, 1st Parachute Division, XXX Corps, Canada, RAF, Guards Armoured Division "Ever Seeing", 43rd Wessex Division, 50th Northumbrian Division, Royal Dutch Princess Irene Brigade sign.
    Attached Files

Comment

and some units ...

1st row: british MG troop, Crusader Mk.II AA Tank, 15cm Nebelwerfer 41, Vickers Mk.I MG, AT Infantry;

2nd row: Jagdpanzer IV/70 (V), Mortar, 7.5cm PaK 40, M8 75mm Pack Howitzer, Mk.II Sexton
      Attached Files

Comment

How are you going work the end? Is it possible for the allies to win? And if it is are you going to include an alternate path if they lose? For example, the evacuation across the Rhine in little rafts under the cover of darkness?
        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

well, astonishing questions. i´ll try answering.

(1) the rivers are 1-2 squares broad, so you will need to secure the brigdes or use some rafts. using rafts will make your troopers even more vulnerable.

(2) i´m right now not to sure if the bridges will be represented by cities or terrains or units. this i´ll have to decide. what do you think???

- i prefer the bridges as
          o cities
          o terrains
          o units

each possibility has its advantages, i know.

(3) it will be that way: if the allies are able to secure all the objectives that are given, i see no problem that the allies succeed in Operation Market Garden. but believe me, reaching all objectives (in time) will not be easy/possibly (?).

(4) if the operation should fail, you may need to retreat. this will be event-based action.

satisfying answers .... ?

Comment

I just went into PSP and set the brightness to -50% on the images

Comment

Longlife to XXX Corps!

I can't wait for this.

Comment

Jim, I did a small experimental Market-garden scenario a few years ago. It was a half-scale conceptual model for testing my bridge capture/demolition system. More recently, I've been collecting detailed OOB info. Since you're ready to go, I'd be happy to share the material with you if you'd be interested.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Great subject jim. Just to be pedantic, you got a couple of the British Divisional shields wrong. Yhe 43rd Wessex division symbol was a gold wyvern on a blue ground, and the 50th Northumbrian Division had 2 red 'T's on a black ground:
                  Attached Files
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
                    what happen in the open-market operation??

?????????
                    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

It was Monty's plan to end the war before christmas.

Paratroopers were to fall in occupied Holland and secure vital bridges/roads that would open the way to Germany.

The paras would have to hold out and repell German counterattacks until the XXX armoured corps blasts through from Belgium and links up with them.

The allied high command believed it was going to be a walk in the park since according to their information the Werchmact was comprised by that time of "old men in bycycles".

The operation ended in total disaster as the Werchmact was not made up of "old men with bycycles".

The allies lost 17.000 men to the Germans 500 dead and 1000 wounded.

Paras from Britain, USA and Poland participated.
                      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Sorry to say this Stephan, but the American MG looks crap.
                        I like the howitzer though.

BTW how many projects are you working on?

1.Sevastopole
                        2.That Iraq thing
                        3.Ottoman Empire
                        4.Cold war
                        and 5. A bridge too far.
                        Hope i am not forgeting something.

You can of course do what you want, but don't you think that simultaneous work on more than 4 scenarios is going to impair the overall quality?

However if you need any more help with the events or something just ask.

Comment

Shaka, it was the largest airborne operation designed in WWII. The main plan was that a carpet of airborne troops would be laid down across Holland to secure various bridges, the most important of which were in Eindhoven, Nijmegen and Arnhem, this last bridge being the biggest 'prize' as it was on the Rhine and over it the allies could drive right over and into the industrial heartland of Germany. Over the airborne carpet of troops XXX Corps, from Monty's army, would race across Holland and reach the bridge at Arnhem in 72 hours, having set out from some place in northeast Belgium.

Everything began on schedule, but there was only one road and XXX Corps ran into a Panzergrenadier division and by the end of the week they were just outside Arnhem. The British paratroopers in Arnhem were, however, reduced to two enclaves, and without supplies (the Germans overran the drop zones) and cut in half (half division remained in the HQ area with Urquhart, 9 miles from Arnhem, and the other half in Arnhem) were overrun. The British in Arnhem surrendered after ten days, and those who could escape of Urquhart's were rescued by the Polish Brigade and were able to make it over a river at night and back to the British line.

Comment

I see Palaiologos has also seen 'A Bridge Too Far'... brilliant movie, I must say.

Comment

Working...
                            X