• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can anyone recognize this game?

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

Can anyone recognize this game?

-FMK.
    Combat Mission - my favourite ww2 game
    Is that the new Russian front one, FMK, or the 'Beyond Overlord' version? I've got the latter but haven't bought the Russian Front one - is it worth it?

BTW, I take it you know there are some excellent mod sites for scenarios and graphics.
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Nope, not it.

-FMK.

Comment

• And here is a quick winter defense graphic I made...
        Attached Files

Comment

• looks just like it. OK then FMK, what is it?
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Alas! St. Vith finally makes it through a single day of German assaults in tact!

We shall see if these stalwart Americans know the meaning of Kaput tomorrow...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Question:

Will operation "Grief" be implemented? If so, in what way?
              "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
              Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• In one word: no.

The commando teams themselves are way too small to represent in the game. Their actions are more on the order of 'nuisance' and not really pertinent to the scenario. I do have a number of blurbs talking about Operation "Grief," however and their ramifications behind allied lines. You will not be able to control these commando teams directly, though.

Comment

• I just want you all to know how damned hard this scenario is going to be... not for the light of heart!

Comment

• It looks really good, DV.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthVeda
                      In one word: no.

The commando teams themselves are way too small to represent in the game. Their actions are more on the order of 'nuisance' and not really pertinent to the scenario. I do have a number of blurbs talking about Operation "Grief," however and their ramifications behind allied lines. You will not be able to control these commando teams directly, though.
                      Here's an ides for this, and its not that big a deal to implement. Give the Ami's an MP unit if they haven't got one. This isnt really needed, as you can just use a regulation GI. Set him up so that you can have the Barb King be Skorzeny and his boys. Maybe generate one or two of these fake barb commandoes and edit the very tsasty looking barbking popup to include all your needed historical blurbs. It might be nice to see this once or twice ingame, as it includes the units gfx in the popup and is snazzy altogether. This is of course unless you haven't used the barbking for something else...

What do you think?

-FMK.

Comment

• Hey FMK, would you be available to playtest my scenario this weekend? I'm on part 7 right now so I'm almost half done with the events.

Comment

• Heh, it just so happens that I have today and tomorrow off from work, + plus the weekend. Sure, I'd love to give it a spin! Booyah.

If you want an example of that barbking business in action, refer to Stalingrad there. Kill yourself a Cowardly(Barb) Deserter. If they arent in there wherever you are in your game, cheat one in by creating a German Deserter under control of the Cowards. Kill it with a German unit.

-FMK.

Comment

• Darth, would you like me to post the results here, or PM or email? I got a few screenies here that should help you figure where I am...

03:00 12/18/44

Advanced elements of Pz Lehr reach the outskirts of Bastogne. Foy is destroyed in the initial probing of the area.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• AAR 12/16/44- 12/18/44

Wierd, DP....

03:00 12/18/44 Situation map.

Bastogne reached in the south. St. Vith encircled, bypassed by Peiper in the north. SS logjam at Stoumont.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• How did you manage to capture Elsenborn? You must have thrown the whole SS at it

Comment

Working...
                                X