Imperium Romanum released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work

There is however a MAJOR bug in this scenario - Amphitheatres does NOT work before you discover Monotheism!

This is sadly an error that is present in many scenarios, but one that is easy to correct (usually).

My suggestion is that you switch the technology slots for Acting(currently Cer) and Monotheism(currently MT) as Cer increase the effect of Temples which would make sense for Monotheism and MT is required in order to make Cathedrals(Amphitheatres) work at all.

More info on the Advance Slot Properties can be found here.
    Please note that the claim made in this document that Cathedrals require either Monotheism or Mysticism and Theology to work is false - ONLY Monotheism will allow Cathedrals to function.

Keep up the good work, as the happy owner of ToT it has been a long time since I last played a regular civ scenario

EDIT: Just noticed that Amphitheatres are still using the original sound for Cathedrals, no biggie but I see no reason not to perfect this scenario

[This message has been edited by CyberChrist (edited February 04, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks, for the help, CyberChrist

I´m currently working on the amphitheatre problem, I hope I can post updated rules later this day...

But for the cathedral sound, I was aware of the problem, but I made a stupid mistake: I included another sound, but named it Cathedr.wav, instead of Cathedrl.wav. Simply renaming it to Cathedrl.wav solves the problem.

I´ll include a corrected wav file in the update

------------------
      Civ2000
      Blah

Comment

He there,
        your scenario finally made me post here! Keep up the good work and keep us updated on any newer versions!
        Ceteram Macedonicus
        (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Ok as you are going to change the rules.txt you might as well fix these small hick-ups.

Cities require a Deep Well to increase beyond size 8 and not 10 as the description says.

Likewise, cities require an Aqueduct to increase beyond size 12 and not 16 as the description says.

Comment

I uploaded a little update (see first post for the links)

It includes changed rules, pedia and a correct Cathedrl.wav. I tested it, and I think it works fine, but since there are several different rules I can´t test the entire research process in this short time.

I´ll continue testing, meanwhile I recommend to backup all older rules before installing the new files...

Ceteram: you are welcome!

------------------
            Civ2000
            Blah

Comment

Didn't you correct the amphitheatre problem during playtesting?
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Yes, I thought I did, after we discussed this. Maybe that I used an older version of the rules after I played around with some values during my own tests and forgot to incorporate some of the newer changes...

------------------
                Civ2000
                Blah

Comment

Fellow Patricians,
                  The fight for the glory of the Res Publica is an arduous one.
                  During my assignment in Capua, I learned about dispear-the carthaginian naval siege has been ongoing for over thirty years now.
                  My missions in Rhaetia, Pannonia and Dalmatia only brought the rich city of Tragurion under the eagles protective wings.
                  The 3rd siege of Massilia is progressing no better than its predecessors but war engines are being assembled now.
                  News from Assyria and Mesopotamia continuously mention the glory of the Macedonian Armies, apparently manyfold as strong as the mighty Carthaginian! What yet unknown ordeals will the SPQR have to go through?

Roman Cities (178BC):
                  Rome (Marius'), Clusium, Ravenna, Mediolanum, Nicae, Opitergium, Antium (founded in 253BC), Cumae (founded 196BC), Capua, Paestum, Tragurion and Tarent.
                  Ceteram Macedonicus
                  (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Salve Ceteram! How was Hannibal?

Some advice for the first part:

-research priority: better government, manipel tactics, then...
                    -you can conquer the first cities pretty fast, use terrain to move your Legions (hills), then attack with several Legions at the same turn...
                    -the Legions given with events are non vets, initiate low risk combats to make them veterans before you let themattack cities
                    -later, you need siege engines

My first move: fortifying a vet Legion on the mined square near Rome to prevent that the mine is pillaged.

I wonder if one has played as Macedonians. It´s recommended that you attack Persia as soon as the Phillip/Alexander events give you some nice units...

------------------
                    Civ2000
                    Blah

Comment

uh, sorry...
                      [This message has been edited by Ceteram (edited February 04, 2001).]
                      Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

Hail BeBro.
                        Being Proconsul, I must point out that your advice were welcome, but have been part of our war rites since wolf visited the Seven Hills...

Letter to Consul Sagitta:
                        Ave Sagitta,
                        matters about the senates decisions concerning the military leadership in Alpes Maritimae seem dangerous to me...this city should be under ius romanum for nearly a century now!
                        I suggest that politics change...otherwise this Sulla-guy might grasp the chance of dictatorship and that I cannot admit...
                        Now, our Greek enemy is weakened by servile revolts in Sicilia...we should hit there next and leave Gaul for later. This rich island shall fall just like their Calabrian friends...

Ceteram

Roman Cities (133BC):
                        Rome (Marius'), Clusium, Ravenna, Mediolanum, Nicae, Opitergium, Antium, Cumae, Capua, Paestum, Tragurion, Tarent, Kroton, Rhegion and Apollonia.

I expected something coming stomping through the Alps, but finally no Olifant hit Med.???? So Hannibal wasn't much of a threat besides the fact that I had to withdraw my troops besieging Massilia and lost most of them annihilitating H's army.
                        gruss
                        [This message has been edited by Ceteram (edited February 04, 2001).]
                        Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

Hint: You will never capture Massila without the use of Siege Towers...

Edit: I put "with" instead of "without".
                          [This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited February 04, 2001).]
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

I believe my comments on this scenario will pretty much sum things up for us:

Nice. Nice. Nice. Best damn scenario in this time period made.
                            Please Visit:
                            http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Ave, Inventor Optime! Et Ave, primi virii civesque!

I regret to inform you that in my version the Marius Army Reform doesn't work. I even used the cheat menu to make adavances one at time, but no upgrade was done. I hope you will be able to fix it, because this is a truly excellent scenario.

Farewell!
                              [This message has been edited by jeibel (edited February 04, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks George!

Shadowstrike, with (?) siege towers?

And Ceteram, Hannibal lost all his Elephants during his march trough the Alpes, therefore I didn´t include them in the event. However, you´ll encounter them in North Africa...
                                But you should double the efforts of your Legions, or the other civs may "oversettle" you, especially in the east. As Shadowstrike said earlier, don´t waste too much time (and brave men) on cities that give fierce resistance. Encircle them, then move further, you can take them later with better armed forces.

Boost up the procuctivity in Italy with mines and improvements to mass produce units...

SPQR

------------------
                                Civ2000
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X