• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel free to do that, Sun Tzu

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

Comment

Yes there are two different types of these Heavy Armoured guys, one attackers, one defenders (but the AI use even sometimes the defenders for attacks, this wasn´t planned in the beginning, but I found it good).

As long as units with the same name aren´t used in events, I see no problem for the game (except the little confusion).

For the Fabrica you´re right, this should have been mentioned in the readme. Fabrica´s can´t be build, but manufactures (with the same icon) can. Yes, that should be explained, I´ll update the readme tomorrow with the rules.

There are some other improvements that can´t be build. I did this, because I wanted some unique improvements for several cities (as Philosophy Schools in Athens, Syracuse and Alexandria). It´s nice, because you can´t be sure that they remain intact, when you conquer such a city.

BTW, I also haven´t mentioned that some units are only given via events. These are, for the playable civs, Light Cavalry and Praetorians (Rome), Elefants, Iberian and Spartan mercenaries (Carthage), and a lot of different units for all other civs and the Barbs

------------------
      Civ2000
      [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited February 03, 2001).]
      Blah

Comment

Amazing work, Bernd!

One of the best scenarios I've ever played... I've only played for 30 turns and I love it...

BTW, I guess how's everybody else doing? I'm playing as the Romans, and have already conquered Clusium, Capua, Ravenna and Paestum, and I'm currently sieging Tarent... The year is 356 BC, difficulty level Proconsul.

Great scenario! Oops, had I said that before?
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Hi Fiera, nice to hear that you like it!

And you´re right, the first cities in Italy aren´t really a big problem, to avoid that the player would be trapped in a One City Challenge in Italy.
          Later, some your opponents are stronger...

For me it´s very interesting to hear something about the difficulty, because I was a bit unsure if it is too easy or not.

------------------
          Civ2000
          Blah

Comment

Looks very good. Congratulations!
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I´m still receiving messages about download trouble. I´m sorry about this, but I tested the new links two times without any problems.
              If you still can´t download from the links above, please try the CivFanatics website (via http://civ.strategy-gaming.com/ ), it´s also available in their scenario section.

------------------
              Civ2000
              [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited February 03, 2001).]
              Blah

Comment

Looking great Bernd. Now I can finally conquer Rome and built a fleet second to none.

And downloading is fine now...

------------------
                Mathias' Civ II Page
                http://members.nbci.com/thalys
                The Lost Geologist Blog
                http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Here's my Game so far: Romans-322BC
                  I took Capua in 362BC
                  I've taken Clusium, Ravenna, and Mediolum since then. Romes level 5. I'm about to take Opitergium, Peastrum and Tarent.
                  Great game BeBro! I'm impressed alot!
                  And i'm playing on Deity level!

------------------
                  http://www.civfanatics.com Staff

Bah! Can't use my sig

Comment

just downloading it now, so could I ask in advance can I use any of the terrain etc. for my scenarios
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Imperium Romanum 2.0 is one of the best scenarios ever made.

BTW, I remember a Pyrrhus event being mentioned in the beta tests. That seems a bit unrealistic, since I captured Southern Italy a century ahead of schedule and am about to extinguish Epirus.

------------------
                      St. Leo
                      http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
                      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Just one question...

Still playing as the Romans, I've already discovered "Embolon" but I can't seem to build Triere units... Is it intended to be that way?

And... couldn't you have waited till I've done all my exams before releasing Imperium Romanum?

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Again to don the mantle of Caesar....I love it! I havn't had this much fun with a scenario in a long time! 10 for 10 on this won Bebro! I can't talk about it enough! Boy was this won worth the wait! Fantastic!

------------------
                          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

The visuals are fantastic! I'm playing now, and having fun! And I "solved" your transport bug:

Let's use "Velites" as an example. In Rules.txt, the number to the right of hitpoints and firepower (1h,1f) is "unit cost in rows of sheilds" (2). The number right next to THAT is "# of holds on ship (for carrying units)". It probably should be zero, but instead it is "1". This is true for several other ground units. Change all of them to "0", and your transport bug will vanish!
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Ah, thanks Kull!
                              I know the units editor is buggy, so I used it only for shield position and flag settings, but I didn´t know that it fails even on such simple tasks...
                              I´ll correct all rules files later and offer them as a little update.

------------------
                              Civ2000
                              Blah

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!

Cockney, yes, use the terrain you need.

St.Leo, you´re probably too fast .
                                You´re right with the event, but the only solution would be that I remove the most historic correct events, because there´s always a chance that the things develop completely different in civ, but I think they create a good atmo.

Fiera, Romans can´t build Trieres, they are obsolete for the Romans, so you can only build the improvement related to the Embolon-tech.
                                The first Roman warfleet was built in the first Punic war (you´ll see ), before they hadn´t warships (except some provided by allies).
                                You have to research Corvus for Quinqueremes.

------------------
                                Civ2000
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X