Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exponential increase

Stupid question, I'm sure.

Is it possible to make an exponentially increasing unit, so that each time you kill one, two more copies are made?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

yes
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

How would I do so in events.txt?

I've tried two seperate events placing a unit on the same square after one unit has been killed.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Should work, providing you've entered all the correct parameter values. If you had Civ2 ToT you'd be able to do it with a single event, using Count.
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Wow, what is this, the Amoeba or the Starfish?
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Sadly, only Test of Time Civ2 allows multiple units in the one event...
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              How would I do so in events.txt?

I've tried two seperate events placing a unit on the same square after one unit has been killed.
              Once you can get the event to work for one unit, copying and pasting the event the desired number of times should work fine.

Why don't you post the text of the event(s) you're trying to get to work?
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

How can you know which square the unit will get killed in? If they are immobile, what's the point of multiplying them?
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

I'm just tinkering around with a CiC scenario for my own pleasure.

I want to have an army of clone Napoleons.

Here's the changes I have made to the CiC Events.txt When I try to load up the scenario after renaming the original events file, they say that there is a bug in the events file.

@IF
                  UNITKILLED
                  unit=Napoleon
                  attacker=anybody
                  defender=anybody
                  @THEN
                  TEXT
                  ^Napoleon dies in battle, however his generals vow to carry on.
                  ^The French are limited to a Marginal Victory.
                  ENDTEXT
                  PLAYWAVEFILE
                  funeral.wav
                  @ENDIF

@IF
                  UNITKILLED
                  unit=Napoleon
                  attacker=anybody
                  defender=France
                  @THEN
                  CREATEUNIT
                  unit=Napoleon
                  owner=France
                  veteran=yes
                  homecity=none
                  locations
                  endlocations
                  @ENDIF

@IF
                  UNITKILLED
                  unit=Napoleon
                  attacker=anybody
                  defender=France
                  @THEN
                  CREATEUNIT
                  unit=Napoleon
                  owner=France
                  veteran=yes
                  homecity=none
                  locations
                  endlocations
                  @ENDIF

Comment

Doesn't anybody get stuck on the first civ to get passed through it?
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      Doesn't anybody get stuck on the first civ to get passed through it?
                      Yes, it does!

If Ben Kenobi wants this "multiplication" to work for each civ, he needs to write those to events for EACH civ, replacing the anybody by the civs name!

Otherwise, the "re-creation" will work only for the first civ to kill a "Napoleon" unit!
                      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Cool!

So not such a stupid question afterall.

Comment

Working...
                        X