No announcement yet.

Poly MP EUII game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well let us know if it works - if repatching turns out to be all that's required, it would solve a big issue for Paradox

Though I agree that they deserve to be lashed (with a wet noodle) for the weak stability of the mp game.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

• Still RGOV.
      Last edited by Dinner; May 10, 2005, 08:41.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• If Paradox is going to sell a game shouldn't they make sure it is compatable with other editions they've sold? I realize they're trying to catch cheaters but they should make sure the out of the box version they sell works with the other out of the box versions of the same game they've sold.

I would tell everyone to stay away from the 6 in 1 pack if they want to play MP or mod the game. The 6 in 1 version only works for SP and cannot be patched or modded.

Comment

• Totally agree. This is bad form - and not only does it not work, they won't acknowledge that this is an issue with the Strategy Six Pack. Castellon is probably a nice guy, but suggesting the checksum difference was caused by you cheating was out of line

Oerdin, check your PM box.
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• OK, I've aquired a new copy of EU2 and I'm ready to play.

Comment

• Sweet

Meet me in V-Net and we can test it out, if you have time now

EDIT: You really need to get Trillian so we can chat on ICQ. In fact, anyone that wants to MP and doesn't have ICQ should look into this neat little client, it can run all the major messaging services and is free... and ICQ is apparently the de facto standard for EU2 mp coordination
              Last edited by aeturneus; May 10, 2005, 11:11.
              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• I can't remember my password for ICQ.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Oerdin, would you care to try an experiment?

Try installing your version of EU II, then apply the 1.08 patch over it. Then try installing the beta and see what checksum comes up.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Chegitz, he tried that already (see above)

Unfortunately, even patching overtop doesn't change the checksum, so there must be some files affecting the checksum that are not replaced by the 1.08 patch.

AFAIK Oerdin is good to go with his new copy of Eu2 though, so I guess that leaves you and Ramo - have either of you got MP working yet?

Maybe we can start a game this week or next. I'm gone this weekend until Sunday evening unfortunately...

------------

For anyone interested in playing in the MP game when it gets going, make sure your version code (top left corner of the main menu) reads like this: Apr2120005-(TZBV)

In order to get the right version code, you need a properly installed beta patch. Each beta patch must be installed over a clean (un-betapatched) v1.08 install. So, you need to reinstall the game, patch to v1.08, and then unzip the beta patch in the Eu2 directory.

If you have the Strategy 6 pack version of Eu2, you may run into trouble with the wrong version code even after correctly installing the beta patch, pm me if this is the case.

I played a couple pickup games this week with the beta patch, and it was rock solid stable, so hopefully our next Apolyton game will be too!
                    Last edited by aeturneus; May 11, 2005, 07:54.
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Sunday is my birthday so I won't be able to play that day.

Comment

• That's my sister's birthday too, bringing me back from the mountains early. Coincidence? Yes

Happy Bday all round

If someone else can host a game this Saturday morning, I could possibly join in next Saturday, assuming it doesn't blow up before then

Are Saturday mornings a time that would work for some people for a month or so?
                        Last edited by aeturneus; May 11, 2005, 09:21.
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• I got my game to work again. YAY!

Comment

• I'm going to be out of town both this weekend and next, but after that I should be somewhat free on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
                            X