Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly MP EUII game?

Anyone interested?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

I'm in. In a majors scenario I'd prefer to play as Netherlands, or if we do AGCEEP (yay!) I'd like to play as a dutch minor, and form the Netherlands. I've never played multiplayer EU2, so when we get this rolling we should discuss multiplayer conventions and practices to get on the same page.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

I've never played MP either.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

V1.08 with the latest beta sounds good to me. No AGCEEP or other mods just the straight game the way Paradox intended it. Does tomorrow sound good to people? We just have to decide on the time then meet in the VNET EU2 channal.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

All day tomorrow's good for me - gotta love vacation
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Well I'm getting used to the vanilla scenario again, and I'm ok with playing it.

Since none of us seem to have much mp experience, here are my suggestions:

Grand Campaign, I'd prefer European minors, we each build up to middle then major status over time as we see fit.

No pvp wars before 1500, when everyone should have something to fight with.

Other than that, we play the game as paradox intended but ban "gamey" tactics like pirates blocking naval ops etc, as we figure out what they are.

------------

I pick Friesland.
            - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Those rules sound pretty good except for the minors part. I's hard to just be minors when large powers like England & Castile start out as majors but we'll need them as human players. I'd personally would like Austria or Sweden. I guess I'd go for Sweden as your Friesland will likely take the Dutch CoT before Austria gets it from Burgundy.

So we have normal/normal, 1419, we each take European powers, no PvP wars until after 1500, no gamey tactics/exploits like pirates or loan sharking. Everyone uses 1.08b 21 april. We know we'll be meeting on Vnet at the EU2 channal now we just need the time. I'm free all day.

Comment

Sounds good. Anyone want to try England or Castile then?

The evening is best for me, but waiting to hear from Chegitz...
                Last edited by aeturneus; May 5, 2005, 07:36.
                - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Post a time in GMT please so we can coordinate.

Comment

Minors doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Since most of us are first time MPers, we should have slightly more powerful countries.

I'm fine with the non-AGCEEP.

All day Friday though, huh? Let me get back to you on that. . . . oh, you meant today? Thassa no 'good. I have to bike over and drop off my rent, plus my wife has today off, so I have to spend time with her.

What about Saturday?

Comment

Saturday is a good day. How about 6am PST which is 9am EST and 2pm GMT. That might be to late for our Euro friends and if so then I don't mind wakingup earlier so that we don't end up having the Euros up all night.

Comment

BTW What do you folks think about inviting a few people from Paradox over? I'd like to get at least six players and so far only the three of us have said they're interested.

Comment

I might be up for this on Saturday.

It's been a long time since I've played EU2 and I've never played multiplayer, so it ought to be fun.

Comment

I'd play, but I think the Windows version uses proprietary Microsoft stuff for multiplayer, so I don't think it would work.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I havnt played EU 2 in a long time, and have never played multiplayer. I might join, as an observator? (playing a country in china or something).
                              tomorrow you mean friday?
                              sounds good i guess.

EDIT :
                              Unfortunatly I checked, and I couldnt find my old CD.
                              Asking around to someone I might have lent, but will probably not have it soon...
                              Have fun
                              Last edited by Lul Thyme; May 5, 2005, 12:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X