No announcement yet.

Poly MP EUII game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need the CD if the game's already installed Lul.

I have never played MP. It could be interesting(although I'd rather have the humans not go to war at all, and rather divide the planet among them... ), but I can't at the moment.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

When are we playing? If its now the weekend, I'll join. I call Venice!
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Saturday is a good day. How about 6am PST which is 9am EST and 2pm GMT. That might be to late for our Euro friends and if so then I don't mind wakingup earlier so that we don't end up having the Euros up all night.
        Ok that sounds good to me. If we play vanilla, I'll still go with Friesland - if we play no pvp before 1500 then I should have no trouble gaining the dutch provinces in time to be a middle power that can tag along with the rest of you.

Why don't the rest of you think about what country you want to play?

I'll play Friesland->Netherlands
        Looks like Oerdin wants Sweden
        123John321 wants Venice

We still need

England
        Castille
        France?

EDIT: Looking at the events, I guess I can't form the Netherlands as Friesland in Vanilla Eu2 (unlike the AGCEEP.) It will either take a petite edit sometime after I capture the dutch provinces or I need another province. I'd prefer to go the edit route, as it's pretty straightforward and the NL is fun to have, but will defer to you guys...
        Last edited by aeturneus; May 5, 2005, 17:43.
        "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
          You don't need the CD if the game's already installed Lul.

I have never played MP. It could be interesting(although I'd rather have the humans not go to war at all, and rather divide the planet among them... ), but I can't at the moment.
          Its not installed, as I said, havnt played in ages.

Comment

Okay, I'm good to go for saturday morning.

I'll play as Muscowy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              I'd play, but I think the Windows version uses proprietary Microsoft stuff for multiplayer, so I don't think it would work.
              There is a Mac version but the Mac version only goes up to v1.08 and is not supported by the betas. If you play we could just use v1.08 and things would work fine.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

OK, the official time is Saturday morning at 6am Pacific time. Since we are now in day light savings time GMT is +7 hours (normally it is +8) so 0600 in California is 1300 GMT. We will be playing the 1419 Grand Campaign, V1.08 with the 21 April beta, and we will be meeting on VNET in the EU2 channal. The game will be set on Normal/Normal.

As for countries:

Ixnay - Muscowy
                aeturneus - Friesland
                123John321 - Venice
                Oerdin - Sweden
                Che - undeclared

Still open are England, France, Castile, the Ottoman Empire, Byzantium, Austria, and boat loads of minors. It would be nice to have the majors taken up so I may end up switching to which ever major is left over. Newbies should choose great powers or they may find the game to hard.

Comment

Is there a way to observe the game without playing?
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Sadly no but we could post an AAR complete with screen shots.

Comment

6am GMT+7 would be.....3am my local. Damn. I'll pass on this one then. I'm not that good a player anyway. ^^;; Still, if there's interest in another game sometime after this, I might sign up as Castile.
                      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

It's 6am California time and 1300 GMT.

When I said +7 I meant GMT is seven hours ahead of use in California. 6am in California is 11pm in Sydney.

Comment

I can't wait
                          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

If we have no pvp before 1500, we can't have both an England and a France. Bugundy is also out for the same reasons.

Hmmmm, Byzantium's no fun without events, France and England should be left to noobs, GWB doesn't interest me . . .

guess I'll take, the Ottomans! Wow, there's a surprise.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh, there may be a way to observe. Play as Zimbabwe and use the cheat codes to remove the fog of war and the terra incognita. I don't know if the cheats work under MP though.

Eli, a few of us have never played MP. Join in and play anyways.

Aggie, I think the problem is the beta patches. If we use vanilla 1.08, we'd probably be able to play, but we're using the latest beta, 4-21.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

7 or 8 am (Central)? Sounds good to me. Are we playing in one sitting?
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X