Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    How's it going?
    We played a while with 1.08, but lagged out every year, almost 13 months like clockwork.

Then we applied the beta patch, and are having the current issue - Oerdin is experiencing behaviour like what you reported.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

• I'm in between moving stuff, but when you guys get startred, post some screenies here...I'm curious to see how she goes!

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Oerdin, are you using the Asian version of EUII?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Better luck next time everyone thanks for coming out.

You need to have version code
          Apr212005-(TZBV)
          for it to play properly, and there may be other issues...
          Last edited by aeturneus; May 7, 2005, 23:31.
          "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• So is anything going to go down today?

Comment

• Well, at least I got some +1s outta this.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I'd play, but my modem sucks.

Out of interest, why aren't you playing on the 1492 scenario? There's less AI bashing, combat is less random, the majors are in better shape, and the New World awaits.

Comment

• back, from the sound it, you guys didn't get far...
                  I got crashed beacuse of some Vislaul Basic thing, then had to go out... you guys got a game going?
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                    I'd play, but my modem sucks.

Out of interest, why aren't you playing on the 1492 scenario? There's less AI bashing, combat is less random, the majors are in better shape, and the New World awaits.
                    Good question.

Comment

• the reasons the game never got past 1426 or so were 100% technical; we are working on the issue in the PIF forums. Hopefully we can figure things out and get it going again, poly mp euII is not dead

EDIT: If anyone wants to work on this, ICQ me or post here, and I will try to help - I can set up a game and see if you can join etc. - that way we can work out the issues before the next big gathering...
                      Last edited by aeturneus; May 7, 2005, 23:32.
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Paradox's engine is just terrible for MP. I like the game but the people at PAradox deserve to be lashed over the way every game they've ever made crashes like clock work during MP.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I'm in VNet if anyone wants to play this morning.
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Finally seem to have found a possible solution to Oerdin's problem with version codes.

Hm well yesterday I tried joining a test game to check out capabilites of our host but I runned into a problem. When I try to join hosts game it says I don't have a right patch, but we both have the latest 21.april beta patch although he seems...

It turns out the letters (TZBV) following the patch date are a checksum computed from file information. The 6 in 1 version, that comes patched to 1.08, produces a different checksum, presumably because of different file creation dates. The fix is to replace files (not sure which ones just yet) with those from the separately sold version that is pre-1.08.

For anyone who has the 1.08 version and doesn't get the version code APR212005-(TZBV) after patching to the latest beta from April 21st, I'm happy to help you fix your problem by sending you the needed replacement files (when I know what they are exactly) so we can get this show on the road.

Cheers!
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• One thing worth trying would be attempting to download and install the 1.08 patch from the Paradox site over top of the 6 in 1 version, even though it's already 1.08. This could fix the differences... then beta patch and see what the checksum is.
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• I'll try to repatch it using 1.08 from Paradox and if that doesn't work then I'll just buy another copy or use Kazaa. I've bought the game twice now so I won't feel bad about doing it.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X