I hate Bismarck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Bismarck.

Here I am, <strike>King</strike> President of Ye Olde Prussen, a dictator but a benevolent one who guides his people into the future under the leadership of the Radical Workers Party. Prussia is prosperous and extremely stable.

But then Bismarck decides, hey, this prosperity isn't proper for Prussia! So he coups the government and his National Party begins to rule.
    Nobody likes that. Revolts start appearing *everywhere*. The economy starts to slip. My troops are dying in the thousands. But he gained a lot of followers, and a lot of people become reactionaries.

So I, as Monarch of Prussia, promptly restore the multiparty system, set the Radical Workers Party to rule, attempt democracy, which the RWP coups and we're back to Presidential Dictatorship.

But still, Prussia is all red to varying degrees. Revolts still pop up, especially in East Prussia. All because Bismarck hates Germany.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

How did you turn red? By just selecting the RWP as governing party? How did those coups happen, is that new in that new version of Vicky?

Comment

"red" meaning that my provinces, on the revoltrisk screen, turned red

I just selected RWP as the governing Party. Everything was fine for a while, but then the "Bismarck and the Counterrevolution" event fired, which messed things up.

I am using Victoria: Revolutions.

But now Germany is united and nice

Comment

Hmm.
        Germany has been united for a while now, its 1907....The Americans just declared war on me.

So far, by my estimates, I have lost 1300 troops.
        The US has lost 140,000 attempting to gain a beachhead on German territory.

This war was completely random - we previously had very good relations.

Hmph.

Comment

My gods, by my estimates, it is now about 3000 vs. 400,000.
          I suspect that the US mobilised for this, which is very sad.

Comment

This is bizarre. All I've been doing is sitting here.
            The US offers me a white peace after losing perhaps 600,000 troops, and I accept.

Right after, the UK (+ Canada, Australia, New Zealand) declares war on me!
            So now they seem to be the ones sending their troops to certain death: So far the UK has done better, with 7,000 vs. 70,000.
            It appears I will have to construct a navy

Just kidding. The total now appears to be around 7,500 vs. 200,000.

Comment

Yes, when you get mighty, the Great Powers tend to chain-war you, to get your War Exhaustion up. As soon as one War ends another great Power will declare on you (For Germany: Usually in the Order France, England, France& Russia)

French AI is especially bad, as soon as you get Colonies bordering theirs they attack

Regarding Bismarck: Just wait till he dies
              Reforms Bad!
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Reforms
                Couping the People's Government

Anyway, it is now about 30,000 vs. 1,000,000+ (I stopped counting after a while).

I can understand chain-war-ing a powerful player. What I don't understand is their bizarre suicide attacks that accomplish absolutely nothing.

It makes me kind of sad, to think that a million Britons have died in this war.

Comment

Well, the UK finally offered me a white peace. Somehow, *I* lost 100 prestige despite having, as the Germans would say, überpwnd their military. 1m+ is a lot to lose, especially if you never once gained any territory at any point in time.

But okay. If thats what it takes to stop this pointless fighting, then sure

Comment

The Republic of Germany

The orange spot in the middle is the 1 German state that decided not to unify. I had half the mind to invade them, but I decided not to, since the German Republic is about free association between peoples

I decided, after peace with the UK, to liberate the Austrian people from their oppressive ruler and allow them the full benefits of democracy. It is going rather well.

The US signed a peace deal with France, hence the blue.
                    And Russia always is beaten during the war I took part and tore a bit of Poland away.

Comment

The German Imperial Republic

Президент Tacc, his mighty armies having occupied the entirety of Austria, having negotiated for 3 weeks to formalise what was in reality, walked out of the Imperial Palace with a peace treaty in hand: The Austro-Hungarian "Empire", in exchange for peace and independence, would cede all lands except those immediately surrounding Vienna to the Republic of Germany.

It was a long and complex negotiation process. After the Russian Empire withdrew from the conference along with its Montenegrin delegates and negotiated a seperate peace, Germany was forced to violate the ceasefire in order to capture previously Russian-occupied territories.

Austrian leadership was emboldened by the move, and proposed a peace treaty that would transfer less than half of its remaining territory to Germany.

Indeed, the German Parliament seriously considered the treaty, for the image of Germany as a peace-loving nation was being seriously strained.
                      However, President Tacc insisted that the blood of the German people was spilled for the liberation of the entirety of the Austrians - that all the Austrian people called out to Germany, the shining beacon of freedom and hope in Europe, for liberation and liberty!
                      Pursuaded by this argument, German diplomats continued to pursue a total conquest: Nothing less than the reduction of Austria to a city-state would please all the oppressed nations that it had once ruled over in domination.

The Austrians, of course, were anxious to retain at least a modicum of their former glory. They continued to press for a deal in which they would be able to impose their hatred and prejudice upon the now free and autonomous Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Yugoslavian, Slovakian, and indeed German people that resided within their immoral and intolerable state.

President Tacc, however, explained to them the realities of the situation: The reality was that indeed all of Austria was already under German liberation, and that the conference that he then attended for peace was but a sign of respect for his fellow people. He announced that he tired of the constant bickering and pathetic pleas of the Austrian diplomats, and that if they did not accept the German peace proposal, he would dissolve the conference and have them executed.

Finally, on 30 April, the Austro-Hungarian Empire died.

Slava!

Comment

Sigh. Not the US again.

Comment

With the BB you surely have now, there's no wonder you have these wars. I have played a couple countries in V:R and got mighty as noone, and noone DoWs me. I either DoW them or buy their land.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Increase your mobilisation pool. That will negate the badboy wars.

I'm currently playing a game as Texas in 1.04. It's 1879 and I've annexed China and have 2/3rds of the world's population. Once I get my revolts down to a manageable level I will try to conquer India and then see if I can't defeat Russia.

Hardest part of the game was the beginning. I managed to steal two colonies off Mexico and sign a white peace without an alliance with the US by taking Mexico City. Lost prestige, but gained it all back when I decided to annex Haiti and then try to unify Italy. Sold the colonies to fund an army and a navy, 15k gold and used that to expand.

After that my most difficult part of the game was fighting a war with a mobilised France, the number 2 power in the game in 1852. I ended up having to build another 40 divisions and we fought for 4 years before they finally agreed to war indemnities. It was my only real badboy war, and it nearly bankrupted me. I ended up having to retake all of my territory which had been consumed by rebels, and losing most of Egypt which I had annexed for extra prestige and population.

While I was recovering from the war with France, the US DOWed me and forced me to cede all of Texas other then Austin. So I am an empire without a nation.

Once I got my pool high enough that France and Prussia couldn't declare war on me, I just took the German minors until I had a higher population and military strength then Russia. Then I decided to go to try to annex Korea and most of Japan which managed to civilise.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I want to finish my Ethiopia game then continue on into Vikkie.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X