• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The QFG series by far.
    SQ was entertaining though.

Comment

In my defence, I was young.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

King's Quest...never really cared about the Larry games nor the Space Quest ones, though the loads of juvenile humor were slightly amusing back then.
        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Hero's Quest.
          But all the old Sierra games were you wrote commands in, instead of the point-n-click crap were quite good.
          "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

The Monkey Island series was my all-time favourite adventure game though. I like games where you had to go out of your way to die. They even got a jab at standard Sierra-style games in MI1 where you fall off a cliff and "die".

rubber trees.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              The Monkey Island series was my all-time favourite adventure game though. I like games where you had to go out of your way to die. They even got a jab at standard Sierra-style games in MI1 where you fall off a cliff and "die".

rubber trees.
              Yes the Monkey Island series was my favourite too........so well written.

/me muses it may be time to resurrect the "favourite moments in the Monkey Island series thread", if he can find it.

Comment

Well one thing is for sure, they're not from Escape.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                  Well one thing is for sure, they're not from Escape.

/me bludgeons BC to death with 17 copies of Escape.

Comment

I loved the sequence with the unstable ordinance in SQ4.

Very funny.

You get points for picking up the ordinance, and points for putting the ordinance down.

My only beef is that many sections keep killing you over and over until you figure out what you have to do. Compare this with full throttle, which does not kill you, but forces you to problem-solve.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand it- the funniest Monkey Islands were the earliest the newer they are, the stupider they have become
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Larry....

Comment

Ah Sierra...... those were times....

Sierra was a pioneer in the gaming industry and IIRC they were the first to spend over a million for a game. That game was Phantasmagoria which emplyed real actors in a computer game.

I have played more or less al the games Sierra had brought out until 1995. There were good games within each series but I personally liked Gabriel Knight the most. I only played the first one through but the plot and the atmosphere were excellent, the graphics were among the best back then and the difficulty level/puzzles were perfect.

A very close second come KQ and Larry. I still remember the first time I saw Larry, people would laugh at the game today but back then it was hours of fun the same with KQ.

So long...
                          Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                          Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                          Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I liked the Laura Bow series, but I love mysteries.

Hero's Quest (or Quest for Glory) was a great series, too, followed by Gabriel Knight. The Space and police quest and LSL had some great moments (I loved SQ5). I ddn't like the King's Quest series, though (KQ6 was pretty good, however).

I haven't thought about the Conquest games in a while, but I did like Longbow alot, and Camelot was very QFG-ish, and both were well researched. Willy Beamish, Black Cauldron, Gold Rush and Codename Iceman were other great games. Loved the three different paths to Gold Rush.

Where's the Manhunter series?
                            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

There was also a game called "Heart of China" by Dynamix IIRC. I can't remember much about the game other than it was a very interesting adventure!

So long...
                              Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                              Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                              Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                                There was also a game called "Heart of China" by Dynamix IIRC. I can't remember much about the game other than it was a very interesting adventure!

So long...
                                Yeah, that was one of the Dynamix games, IIRC. had a number of paths in it, IIRC, which was cool (but made the game shorter). Had some arcade sequences, though.
                                "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X