Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic: the Gathering - Are dual lands "strictly better" than basic lands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall of Junk/Angelic chorus is cool.

Angelic chorus/ Radiant's dragoons is even better.

Sinkholes?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I agree, permission and land destruction can be amazingly annoying.

Land destruction effects are mainly in red now, probably because they don't want them to be too easy to find. (Except for red mages.)
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
        Magic: The Gathering, MTG, mtg singles, edh, magic cards, sell magic the gathering, wizard of the coast... all the MTG cards you need at Star City Games.

Looks like around 6 bucks, unless you want to get an Alpha/Beta/Unlimited copy.

Compare this to duals, which albeit were last printed in Revised:
        http://sales.starcitygames.com/custo...nderground+Sea
        no I said 1st edition. Looks like its ****ing 89 dollars. To think I burned that one for fun...

That card that allows player to get 2 turn was the most expensive card in my days (Time something).... How much is that now?
        :-p

Comment

Time Walk.

It's restricted to one per deck.

Prolly over 100$ now.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

See, for me Time Walk is much worse than a dual land.

Would the dual lands be better or worse if they, or equivalents, were to be reprinted but without the line that states that they count as two basic land types? This would mean they would be invulnerable to Flashfires and the like, but they would also be immune to fetchlands, Harrow, &c.

Comment

The thing about Dual Lands is they allow fast starts, just like Time Walk, Black Lotus, various Mox'es, etc. Also, like these cards, there's practically no cost for using them.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

the subject of blue/green

there is a nice bluegreen flyer for 2 (elven merfolk) which is blue green

(bluegreen for a 2/2 flyer)

I don't know what set it is in, just know I p[layed it a lot (those and riverboas are great)

Jon Miller

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

don't play with walls, they lack flexibility because they can't attack

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

as far as card drawing for green, check out thiese green enchatresses

whenever you play a enchantment (remove an enchantment from play) you get one card

use those with ranccors can be pretty strong (And something that allows you to disgard enchantments like the 'tog that discards enchatments for +1/+1)

I had a deck once (mostly green) that for every green manna I spent (to play a rancor) I would draw a card or two, and than discard it to the 'tog for +1/+1 and than discard the card I drew for an additional +1/+1 (actually wait on this to make sure the creature does not get killed by a terror or something)

with 6 green I could easily get the 'tog swinging for 15/14 trample (just leave the last rancor on the 'tog)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

I n3ever go for life gain

it is much better to hurt your opponent and win than waste cards on ilfe gain

every card on oyur deck needs to be useful in as many situations as possible

that is why flexilbility is so important

if you have a wasted card than that is a one up the opponent has (and will probably be enough to win him the game)

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

John Miller:

It's not bad if you can do that combo with Radiant's Dragoons every turn.

How are you going to kill someone gaining 10 life per turn, before they kill you?

Regarding walls, Wall of Blossoms allows you to stave off early attackers, and to draw more cards until you get what you need to finish off the game.

And besides, this deck can win without ever attacking.

Comment

transcendance

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Kill the Dragoons.

Comment

Suppose I use Erratic Portal to bounce the Dragoons.

Comment

Kill the Erratic Portal first.

Comment

Working...
                                X