Worst game ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see............

Infogrames record of late is not good at all. Not good at all. Case in point, Civ3, Civ3 PTW, and now Moo3 all decrepid games upon release. While Civ3 and PTW have been patched the initial fiasco left a bad taste in many a mouth. What is to be of Moo3.

I am beginning to realize that there will always be "useful idiots" who will allow game developers to continue to publish unfinished hack jobs. These people will love a game no matter what because they are fanatics or are the type who are willing to put up with crap for a product.

Since game time is at a premium for me these days and since money is hard to come by I am unwilling to put up with garbarge in the hopes that a patch or two will fix everything. Research your games before you buy and then wait a month until you buy anyway to get a feel for what the public thinks. Don't let the game developers win by buying unfinished products! The attitude of "well everything isn't perfect these days and patches are acceptable" is giving permission to software companies to rush products out the door even if they are not finished yet.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

"A Line In The Sand"

Strategy game of Gulf War I from SSI. In the readme file it noted several things that had to be removed from the game at the last minute, such as naval transport. Ever try moving the U.S. Army to Saudi Arabia without transports?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Wise, wise move. I usually look at the average player reviews on Gamespot, rather than the site's own reviews. However, I still take those rating with a grain of salt, because I suspect there is probably some vote rigging by fanboys.
        I was thinking more of reviews on fora like these. At least them you know generally what kind of people are doing the recommending.

It also helps you know if a game is buggy, something that isn't always apparent until a couple of weeks after it is released.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X