I need a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new game

Im not looking for anything in particular, I just need a new game. any suggestions?

Medieval : Total War is good, a combination of strat. and big "real time" battles. Nice.

Or wait for MoO3 - only 2 or three weeks to go, we hope.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Simcity 4 is the only game I've bought this year, I spend the rest of my time on Asheron's Call 2.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Is it really any different to Sim City 3000 ? Don't buy unless you've never played a Sim game.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
          Is it really any different to Sim City 3000 ?
          Hmmm.

Yes!!

Don't buy unless you've never played a Sim game.
          I have no idea how playing SimAnt, SimEarth, Sim Tower or any of the others could remotely interfere with your desire to play SC4. My only criticism of it, expressed in other threads, is that you have to self impose mission criteria if those sort of things float your boat. There are none like in SC 2000 where you could be tasked to put out a fire and grow the city by 5000 people in 10 years.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Is it really any different to Sim City 3000 ? Don't buy unless you've never played a Sim game.

-Jam
            Yes, it is very different. SC3000 is a sim game, SC4 is a strategy game.

If you haven't already played them, I have to recomend Europa Universalis 2, or Deus Ex. Of recent games.... hm, well there's not been many. Hearts of Iron is good, but still geting patched up, SC4 is pretty good and MOO3 looks promising but won't be out till the end of the month.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

All these games are basically the same though, and after you work out how to make your city, or whatever, run properly and make money, you have no challenge. I think these games really lack replay value. How many times can one person want to build a grid pattern city? Especially if there are no "goals".

Give me Civ style any day.

-Jam

Comment

How many times can one person want to build a grid pattern city?
                For me, zero. That's why I don't use flat landscapes and build in huge monotonous grid.

That's like asking "how many times can one person want to play as the greeks" about civ. Completely irrelevant and pointless.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I can always play one more game with the French. Methinks I've touched a raw nerve being rude about SC4. Let me know if you're still playing in 6 months time. No really let me know. If you are, then maybe I'll give it another chance.

-Jam

Comment

I can always play one more game with the French. Methinks I've touched a raw nerve being rude about SC4. Let me know if you're still playing in 6 months time. No really let me know. If you are, then maybe I'll give it another chance.

-Jam
                    You didn't touch a raw nerve, that was just a stupid thing to say. I won't be playing it in 6 months time (atleast, I don't have any plans to), but I've already played it longer then I did civ3.

Still, it's nothing at all like the previous sim games. As I said; it's a strategy game, not a sim game.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Really? You must totally hate Civ3. I don't think its perfect, not by a long shot, but I'm still playing, and I've had it since release. The only game I've played more was Civ1.

-Jam

Comment

I prefered Civ 2 to either of the others. I just loved how easy it was to modify to my heart's content.

If you're looking for a game to play you might want to look into Morrowind or Neverwinter Nights. MoO 3 is of course coming out soon, so you may just want to wait for that.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

-Jam
                          Comparing SimCity 4 to SimCity 3000, is like comparing a stone axe to a laser... There's a huge difference (And I'm not only talking about graphics... but gameplay has changed a lot... to the better)

All these games are basically the same though, and after you work out how to make your city, or whatever, run properly and make money, you have no challenge. I think these games really lack replay value. How many times can one person want to build a grid pattern city? Especially if there are no "goals".

Give me Civ style any day.

-Jam
                          That's the good part of this game... you can set your own goal. Your goal could be e.g. to have a certain building (University, large football arena, etc), within a certain time... or set the goal to have everybody loving you...

There's more different ways of playing this game, than there's in Civ type of games...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Really? You must totally hate Civ3. I don't think its perfect, not by a long shot, but I'm still playing, and I've had it since release. The only game I've played more was Civ1.

-Jam
                            There are very few games I play 6 months after acquisition these days. Many more games are released that look worth a go. I can afford more games. RPG's aren't intended to take 6 months unless you're a real addict for replays. All sorts of reasons. Civ 3 wasn't one of them. Civ 2, Moo 1&2, MoM, SimCity 2000 all were. I can tell I won't be playing SC 4 non stop but it'll certainly be one I fire up a lot on and off until SC 5 appears...and I'll never have to contact the neighbouring mayor and demand he remove his encroaching policemen from my city again!
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Medieval : Total War its is. I love stuff from the Medieval ages

Ive read a lot of bad things and a lot of good things about sim city 4, im wiating until it hits the 20s in price before buying it.

thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
                              X