Where I Can Get Heroes 4 Patches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I Can Get Heroes 4 Patches?

does anyone here know where I can get heroes4 patches?
    that multiplayer patch and that 1.1patch.
    I have searched for them, but have not found them. I have european version of H4.
    thanks.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

The starting point would be 3DO Europe but I have a nasty suspicion that they did not produce localised versions of the HOMM IV patches. You may have to download the US versions and pray.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.

That should do it. I think that site has the US and UK patches.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

How is Heroes 4? Is it worth the money?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

many thanks to FrustratedPoet, I got what I needed.

obiwan: Heroes4 was not worth the money on the first look, but on the second look it seems well worth the money, and even more with those patches. try it, you'll love it.

Comment

How is Heroes 4? Is it worth the money?
            Really depends...... At first i hated it, because it was so different compared to previous HoMM series, but after 5 games (about 12-15 hours of HoMM4 gaming) this game is very interesting.

My major complains about this game:
            1. creatures that can cast damage spells: say, a genie can cast magic arrows that does *20 damage then 50 genies can cast a magic arrow that does 1000 damage!!!!= instant hero death.

2. the battles have no hexagons; this makes the game feel a bit less "classic turn based".

3. BAAAD AI

But otherwise this game has many cool interesting new concepts (not always executed properly), and overall i'd say that this game is slitly inferior to HoMM3, but better than what Civ3 did over Civ2(and SMAC).
            someone teach me baduk

Comment

I'm a big fan of HOMM:2, especially since I have an old'n'slow computer.

How are the Vampire Lords in HOMM4? Do they still have the best power curve with respect to clusters?
              (in other words, do 20 Vampire lords pretty much stomp over everything?)
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                in other words, do 20 Vampire lords pretty much stomp over everything?
                nope. life magic has a spell called "holy shout" and it does, in hands of right caster, over 300 points of damage per turn. so if that caster has even some troops to her support, vampires are dead and buried.

Comment

obiwan, play homm3, it's the best game of the series, even though it could have been better in some areas...

there are some pretty nifty little scenarios and extra campaigns on the net (though watch out, a lot of them are crap as well) and it is real turn based with many different strategy possibilities in battle (though quite a few spells are worthless to me though...)

20 vampire lords aren't so great in homm3 (because they are so expensive to build you won't be able to build em untill the other players also have their more powerful units), but if you manage to get them early on, you can easily rush your opponents with a small amount of vampire lords

now 500 vampire lords are, whichever opponent (and units except angels and the like) you are playing, always good, but not impossible , casting slow on them is very effective if you have a faster unit!
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

If my computer could run HoMM3, I would play. I used to play when I lived at home.

My favourite group was a combination of: Skeletons, Vampire Lords and Dread Knights.

I'd save so much cash that once I sack another city, I'd be able to buy up all the troops.

Trajanus, Andemagne what are your favourite units and class to play?

Comment

Trajanus, Andemagne what are your favourite units and class to play?
                      in HoMM3? well my favorites are those of the Castle. don't know exactly which ones.
                      hero class? I think that I like knights more than clerics, 'cos I only cast few spells and those few that I cast are low level spells, so I don't need so much power and knowledge, points in attack and in defence are more well spent.

Comment

I'm a big fan of HOMM:2, especially since I have an old'n'slow computer.

How are the Vampire Lords in HOMM4? Do they still have the best power curve with respect to clusters?
                        (in other words, do 20 Vampire lords pretty much stomp over everything?)
                        in HoMM2 vampires were very powerful, in HoMM3 vampires were just powerful, but in HoMM4 vampires are VERY VEEERRY powerful. U can summon them too.
                        someone teach me baduk

Comment

Working...
                        X