Simcity 4 Released?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simcity 4 Released?!!

Gothia says Simcity 4 has been released. Does anybody have the game already? Post your first impressions here!

Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
      Yeah.
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Comment

wasn't it supposed to be January 14th?

Comment

It is released, but only in....ahemm...warez-version... (As far as I know)... though I don't know if it's any good, I'll wait until it's in stores...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

No, they say it´s being sold over the counter in Asia. There is also an Asian review up, of the boxed version.

Comment

In about 2 hours I'll finally have it...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

in about 40 minutes, i'll have it...but i won't be testing it yet..gotta study
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I got it!! Was at my local Gamestop.

Seriously! Unpacking it now.

Comment

Wth? What is this online play thing? With the regions?

gonna go see...

Comment

First impressions: GWHAHA H YEYAHHYE HEYAY!!!

Graphics are already much better than the predecessors, with an obvious slant towards The Sim's UI. Nice touches already abound! God.. love God mode!

Comment

The bastard isn't working right for me.

It installed fine, but when I launch the game nothing happens. My CPU usage throttles up and the HD thrashes for 3 seconds, then nothing.

The process is still running but the only way I could tell is by checking CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Maybe it doesn't work right with DirectX 9? Dunno, troubleshooting...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'll have it in the morning.

I won't even pretend I've bought it, I've boycotted Maxis since I bought Sim City 3 at full price then they released the "unlimited addition" a weak later, also at full price - without offering the new additions free to those who have already bought it or anything. And then there is the shameful way they keep pumping out expansions for The Sims (I haven't fallen for that one, though!)

I feel they owe me a free game.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Damn! More money burned. Must...have...game...
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                              And then there is the shameful way they keep pumping out expansions for The Sims (I haven't fallen for that one, though!)
                              I won't say it's shameful.

They probably didn't expect the popularity of The Sims (not among seasoned gamers though), so they are making every last single penny out from the fad.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X