Simcity 4 Released?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juggler
    so Santa finally made it to Denmark, eh?

Originally posted by Osweld
    It's pretty easy to make a map look good. Hell, it'd probably be hard to make one look bad simply because the graphics are so good. It's jsut geting them in sync with the neighbouring areas which is tricky, I'm starting to get the hang of it though.
    Well, that was what I ment...

Just one question: When there's a briefcase above a house, does that mean they're unemployed? If that's the case, then why is there always people who wants some more residental buildings, but no industries/commercials who wants to build in my city (Well... almost never)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

What I don't get is why so many people move into areas that don't have any police, fire, or education systems.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If they didn't move in, what would they have to complain about? I've noticed for years that sims are professional complainers.

John-SJ

Comment

I've spent a couple hours now on the game and I can't say I'm too impressed.

I found it pretty boring...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            I've spent a couple hours now on the game and I can't say I'm too impressed.

I found it pretty boring...
            I hope you saved the receipt so you can return it to the store.

edit: shyte, I can't speel
            I have no signature.
            -Bob Dole

Comment

I have it and watching the intro movie.

Comment

NEED GAME!

I'll have to get it tomorrow .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Damnit! I want the game!

*must control yourself, plenty of exams next week*

Game!
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

*drool

I doubt it'd run on my computer, though.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

What is your computer? I have a pIII 500, Geforce2MX and 128 SDRAM - Does not run well with all the graphics on, but you can essentially turn the graphics off and it'll run fine.... the game just looks like ****, though.

It turns off all the "extra" graphics so instead of having houses with fences, gardens, and all the other things that make it look like an actual property, you just got an ugly little house right smack in the middle of an empty lot. Parks are just green patches with a lightpost in them. It really destroys the game if you ask me, I don't even know why they made it an option.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If it´s really good, I am going to buy a new system, to play Sc4 and Medieval TW.

REVIEWS!!!
                        Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                          If it´s really good, I am going to buy a new system, to play Sc4 and Medieval TW.
                          It's more diffecult to get started now than it was before (in earlier SC games). You don't just plop down a few buildings, you need to carefully consider what to build, and where to build it...and when...

Playing with disasters is fun (specially the meteor disaster ), since you now can control them...

I like the idea about having to fullfill some goals before being able to build certain buildings (like you need lots of farms to build farmers market, high education to build University, etc)

If you're looking for a challenge (and great graphics ), then this is the game...

And since this is a Maxis game, they proberly will make addons to the game, so the game will be playable for a longer time (If you like this type of games)

I upgraded my system, because I knew my old computer would have trouble running the game, and I haven't regret
                          Last edited by Adagio; January 14, 2003, 16:05.
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Would anyone else please provide some detailed reviews.

I am interested in hearing some detailed reports on gameplay, UI, fun factor, etc.

Thanx,
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

And some more pics as well...

Any nice disasters?
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Got hte game today, and have been playing for most of said day. Graphics are great, gameplay is smooth, and most of the new concepts are fairly understandable. Making a city profitable seems a very daunting task, and the multi-city region is something I have to work on.

However, the manual sucks. The old SC3000 manual was a nice hefty 200 pages of in-depth explanation. The Simcity 4 manual is about 20 tiny pages of actual content, none of which is particularly useful. I guess this is EA's way of trying to get us to plunk down another $20 for a strategy guide (which looked quite detailed when I purused it at the store.) Screw you, EA.
                                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                                X