No announcement yet.

Help: X-Com3: Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said agent was fully right of the other squad members and the alien was to his right. The agent will be taken to the Senate Building in broad daylight and executed to within an inch of his life, then dumped back into the medical ward where further and future promotions will be very far and few inbetween, if any!

Comment

The firefight is with the aliens and not with the rest of the squad member agents. When only one alien is left, and no squad members has been hurt, said agent will not aim his weapon over 90 degrees from the alien and shoot the back of another squad member without a trial in the Senate Building where the lead agent will follow his instructions upon said agent being found guilty of negeligence of his/her duty to defeat the aliens.

Comment

Oh, I see now.

Comment

I'm content that when agents go on a training mission, they may gawk at the skirts and suits in the buildings, and think that it is a somewhat kind of a pansy panty raid, as long as they complete the training mission satisfactorily, but when facing the aliens, no guy agents will be allowed to unleash his weapon into a skirt agent without severe repercutions.

X-COM Commander

Comment

Other miscellaneous exploits:

Money at the beginning of each week cheat.
            Spoiler:
            What you basically do is exploit the fact that vehicles come fully loaded with fuel and ammo which isn't included in the vehicle's price. Buy plenty of vehicles that you don't want and once they are in your base strip them down. Pull their engine out and all weapons off. Sell the (now empty) car, the engine and the weapon, getting back exactly the same amount you paid for the vehicle. Now sell the extra fuel (not worth too much) and the extra ammo (worth a hell of a lot!).

Rinse and repeat for all vehicles that you don't want to keep. Just remember, after buying (and selling) all vehicles of a certain type, you will not be able to get any more of them until the following week.

Plenty of money anytime you need it cheat.
            Spoiler:
            To do this cheat, you need to have an engineering bay and have researched something they can build. Get them building it (the most expensive item is recommended). Once they are building an item, go back into the screen where you choose what they build. The game will refund you the amount you payed to start building that item. Exit that screen. The game will forget to collect it's money back. Enter the screen again for another "refund", exit, enter, exit, rinse and repeat as necessary. This is good if you want to ignore the economic side of the game, and just concentrate on research and battles.

We're, erm, just borrowing these things cheat.
            Spoiler:
            Do a peaceful raid. Arm all your agents with stun weapons (a stun grapple, stun grenades or a mind bending device). Then send your guys to raid someone you are friendly with (ie: they aren't unfriendly or hostile towards XCom). Stun all the "enemy" guards, the mission will end and you get all their items.

The good part is until any guard is injured, the guards will not fire back at you, and your reputation with their organisation is only minutely damaged. You easily make more each raid than it would cost to repair reputations, even on superhuman difficulty. This is also the only known method of gaining mind shields (from Megapol or Marsec), which was cut from the game but accidently left in.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Looks like the blame Skanky brigade have a whole new bunch of evidence as to his duplicity.

Comment

And thats only just a sample!

I still have notes on how to do economic warfare against other corporations, notes on how to combat different alien types, tips on how to track down just which buildings aliens have invaded...
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well, I don't quite agree with all of that. And if it is left in the game, then it really is still in the game.

Anyway, how does one use spoiler tags?

The maximum permitted length is 20000 characters.

Comment

The developers said it was cut from the game, and it doesn't exist in either the manual or the XComopedia...

[spoiler]Hidden stuff here[/spoiler]

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Hidden stuff here

Spoiler:
                      Well, not to belabor the thing anyway. Maybe they thought that there are aliens here (game players) and they just wanted to be that it was only a (computer game and not real).

But what if there is?

Comment

Skanky, now saviour of the human race
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

But if we die you know whose fault it is.

Comment

Remember in the game, the aliens came from an alternate dimension. According to Quantum Physics, the results are not in yet, but may be considered?

((I still have notes on how to do economic warfare against other corporations, notes on how to combat different alien types, tips on how to track down just which buildings aliens have invaded... ))

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              But if we die you know whose fault it is.
                              Not with his god-like knowledge
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

/me considers himself honoured, with a compliment like that from UR.

Well then, more tips from me will follow when I am in a... less drunken state.

Comment

Working...
                                X