Morrowind experiences vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravagon

Weird. Do warriors have blunt weapon as a major/minor skill? IIRC all of those I trained in were miscellaneous. I don't think I've ever used master-level trainers though, unless I did it unknowingly so that shouldn't be a factor.
    I took a quick look through my plugins (about 50 or so active - Giants and that Wilderness thingummy as the majors) and they're basically fairly standard - Nothing that hasn't been mentioned in the official forums or that isn't available at the main fan sites. None of them say anything obvious about changing the way the trainers work.
    I do have a number of "bugfix-types" though and I'm not quite sure what all of those do - Maybe the point bonus was taken out in one of the later versions and the bugfix kept it in for my characters>
    I don't really recall the order, but this is the major/minor skills of a warrior:

Major:
    Long Blade
    Medium Armor
    Heavy Armor
    Block
    Atheltics

Minor:
    Armeror
    Marksmen
    Spear
    Blunt Weapon
    Axe

I'm thinking it's a flaw, weather the flaw is that they not suppose to give bonuses or that they are suppose to give bonuses can be debated so I'll let that go.

I'll edit that guide with an '*' labeling this as a problem.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

ravagon, I was just thinking, could it be that you and I using two different versions of the game in terms of US/EU/Autralian or whatnot?

Could be someone made a patch a messed up.

Just a thought, I realy have to stop thinking for Tuber's sake.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

(Sorry for the latness of this issue, been busy)

Tales of the Nomadic Ashlander Altmer, part 5
        By Thrawn05

Harry had a dream. Azura appeared to Harry, and told him that he must begin a new Ashlander Camp loyal to Azura where Harry is now. Azura told Harry to go to Nibani Maesa and speak further to her. Harry woke up, it has been a long time since his dreams woke him up.

Harry set out to the Ashlands to talk to Nibani Maesa. A massive Ash storm ruptured the lands as Harry entered her Yurt. Harry told Nibani Maesa his dream, and hopped she would understand Azura's meaning, since Azura doesn't always tells the whole story.

Nibani Maesa told Harry, that he needs a Wise Woman in his camp before Ashlanders of other camps would come. Harry was worried; could an Altmer lead an Ashlander Camp? Nibani Maesa told Harry of an expelled Wise Woman of the Urshilaku, Shinammu Radansour. Shinammu Radansour ran off with rouge Dunmers to the south of Harry's Yurt. Harry was to kill the Dunmer men, and talk to Shinammu Radansour. Nibani Maesa thought Harry the skill of calming a human, and a special spell to lure her to Harry's camp.

Harry headed back to his Yurt to search for Shinammu Radansour. He knew the land well, and recalled a small camp just south of the bridge. After about ten minutes, Harry spotted the camp, and with great skill, was able to kill the two Dunmer with his Silver Arrows with a single shot each. Harry walked up to Shinammu Radansour, and as she turned to kill Harry, he casts his calming spell on her. Shinammu Radansour stopped; just long enough for Harry to work his charm on her. Shinammu Radansour liked Harry but would not leave the camp. Harry had to use Nibani's command spell, and lead Shinammu Radansour to Harry's Yurt.

Harry had fulfilled Azura's wishes, but now he must wait for the camp to grow.

End of Part 5

What will happen to Harry next? Now YOU have a chance to push Harry around. Please PM me and pitch an Idea to me, short of killing of course, and I'll incorporate it in a future issue! Winners will.... errr... NOT goto Mingapulco as a result.

I was thinking of throwing in a free complete Indoril Armor suit, but when I put on the Curiass, some Ordinator crashed into the walls and beated the s**** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
          ravagon, I was just thinking, could it be that you and I using two different versions of the game in terms of US/EU/Autralian or whatnot?

Could be someone made a patch a messed up.

Just a thought, I realy have to stop thinking for Tuber's sake.
          Don't think so, wrt the possibility of a version conflict. The US and Australian releases (although I have no idea which I'm using) seem to use the same patch. Had a quick look through all my plugins and I have no idea what some of them do. I'd hazard a guess that this aspect was taken out (intended or not) in the Tribunal (post 1.2) version but which my system retains courtesy of the plugins... oh well.

Small point for any interested. Don't install the Runeswords plugin until after you've completed the main quest. If you do then Mehra Milo (erroneously) won't appear in the Ministry of Truth and you'll have a problem going any further.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Don't think so, wrt the possibility of a version conflict. The US and Australian releases (although I have no idea which I'm using) seem to use the same patch. Had a quick look through all my plugins and I have no idea what some of them do. I'd hazard a guess that this aspect was taken out (intended or not) in the Tribunal (post 1.2) version but which my system retains courtesy of the plugins... oh well.

Small point for any interested. Don't install the Runeswords plugin until after you've completed the main quest. If you do then Mehra Milo (erroneously) won't appear in the Ministry of Truth and you'll have a problem going any further.
            True, it was only a thought.

There are lots of buggy plugins, and having to throw away several well done chars because of major conflicts and corrupted saves I said to hell with it. Modding is nice but I stated earlier not at the expensive of stability.

As I found in the ES forums, one of the reasons the game is made the way it is, is so that WE can fix THEIR bugs. I'm not flipping out or ranting I thought it wise to point it out.

EDIT: Fixed some major typos.

Comment

After ventureing around the TES Construction Set, I saw some numbers that I thought should have been dispalyed within the game. So I'll post them here.

The Numbers in question are base attributes. Each race has such numbers, some are different not only depending on race but on gender as well. Note that these numbers always total to 310, so no gender or race is cheated.

Formula:
              Race
              Attribute: Male Female

Argonian
              Str: 40 40
              Int: 40 50
              Wil: 30 40
              Agi: 50 40
              Spd: 50 40
              End: 30 30
              Per: 30 30
              Luc: 40 40

Breton
              Str: 40 30
              Int: 50 50
              Wil: 50 50
              Agi: 30 30
              Spd: 30 40
              Per: 40 40

Dark Elf
              Int: 40 40
              Wil: 30 30
              Agi: 40 40
              Spd: 50 50
              End: 40 30
              Per: 30 40

High Elf
              Str: 30 30
              Int: 50 50
              Wil: 40 40
              Spd: 30 40
              End: 40 30

Imperial
              Wil: 30 40
              Spd: 40 30
              End: 40 40
              Per: 50 50

Khajiit
              Str: 40 30
              Agi: 50 50
              Spd: 40 40
              End: 30 40

Nord
              Str: 50 50
              Int: 30 30
              Wil: 40 50
              End: 50 40
              Per: 30 30

Orc
              Str: 45 45
              Int: 30 40
              Wil: 50 45
              Agi: 35 35
              Spd: 30 30
              End: 50 50
              Per: 30 25

Redguard
              Str: 50 40
              Int: 30 30
              End: 50 50
              Per: 30 40

Woof Elf
              Str: 30 30
              Agi: 50 50
              Spd: 50 50

Guinness Records of Morrowind
              Best Strength:
              Nord (Male/Female)
              Redguard (Male)

Best Intelligence:
              Argonian (Female)
              Breton (Male/Female)
              High Elf (Male/Female)

Best Willpower:
              Breton (Male/Female)
              Nord (Female)
              Orc (Male)

Best Agility:
              Argonian (Male)
              Khajiit (Male/Female)
              Wood Elf (Male/Female)

Best Speed:
              Argonian (Male)
              Dark Elf (Male/Female)
              Wood Elf (Male/Female)

Best Endurance:
              Nord (Male)
              Orc (Male/Female)

Best Personality:
              Imperial (Male/Female)

Worse Strength:
              Breton (Female)
              High Elf (Male/Female)
              Khajiit (Female)
              Wood Elf (Male/Female)

Worse Intelligence:
              Nord (Male/Female)
              Orc (Male)
              Redguard (Male/Female)

Worse Willpower:
              Argonian (Male)
              Dark Elf (Male/Female)
              Imperial (Male)
              Khajiit (Male/Female)
              Redguard (Male/Female)
              Wood Elf (Male/Female)

Worse Agility:
              Breton (Male/Female)
              Imperial (Male/Female)
              Nord (Male/Female)

Worse Speed:
              Breton (Male)
              High Elf (Male)
              Imperial (Female)
              Orc (Male/Female)

Worse Endurance:
              Argonian (Male/Female)
              Breton (Male/Female)
              Dark Elf (Female)
              High Elf (Female)
              Khajiit (Male)
              Wood Elf (Male/Female)

Worse Personality:
              Orc (Female)

So I hope this list will help you make that great character. Feel free to copy and print this out.

Comment

Just a brief comment - I decided early that Luck was more important than it seems - no idea whether this is correct or otherwise - but so I decided -- and consequently used one coin on increasing luck every time I levelled up...
                Result my Bosmer custom character under the sign of the Lady (level 57 IIRC) now has all attributes (including luck) maxed out at 100 + artifact bonusses -- Head Honcho in Redoran, Morag Tong and Temple - just about to complete Tribunal and still not gone to the dreaded Shrine in Sheogorad for my dose of corprus. So still have a fair amount of game to go at...

Why did I think luck might be important? My start with The Lady gave me the highest luck figure I had ever enjoyed and when I went to Angkrthang (sp?) I found nearly 1500 moon sugar in the crate with the boss character (with the Dwemer cube) this solved all my initial money problems so I thought to continue this run... I note that it has been remarked here that luck does not effect random loot - but I beg to differ

Each to their own - good luck out there

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                  Just a brief comment - I decided early that Luck was more important than it seems - no idea whether this is correct or otherwise - but so I decided -- and consequently used one coin on increasing luck every time I levelled up...
                  Result my Bosmer custom character under the sign of the Lady (level 57 IIRC) now has all attributes (including luck) maxed out at 100 + artifact bonusses -- Head Honcho in Redoran, Morag Tong and Temple - just about to complete Tribunal and still not gone to the dreaded Shrine in Sheogorad for my dose of corprus. So still have a fair amount of game to go at...

Why did I think luck might be important? My start with The Lady gave me the highest luck figure I had ever enjoyed and when I went to Angkrthang (sp?) I found nearly 1500 moon sugar in the crate with the boss character (with the Dwemer cube) this solved all my initial money problems so I thought to continue this run... I note that it has been remarked here that luck does not effect random loot - but I beg to differ

Each to their own - good luck out there

SG[1]
                  Have you tried my suggestion?

First start a new char, goto that smuggler's gave outside of Seyda Neen. Save, then use the consule to up your Level to 100 (You may have to make another save for this, and then reload it since it won't take effect until you reload), look at the barrels and crates in the cave, then revert to your first save and this time up your luck to 100.

You'll find Luck has no effect on the random generated item in the containers. I've tried this several times to make myself happy about this. Sorry but I beg to differ.

Comment

Guards

A frequent experience I have is of guards being apathetic and just watching with bemusement as I`m slaughtered by whatever happens to be slaughtering me at the moment.

For example the first time I tried to raid the Dwemer ruin above Balmora & Fort Moonmoth the guy at the bridge got the better of me. I fled back to the Fort in hopes that they would protect me. Boy was I in for a suprise! The moral of that story being don`t expect a guard to piss on you if you`re on fire.

More recently I found myself a Champion in the ranks of the Legion. I was trying to get some well deserved rest in a barrack after some hard campaigning. Well, having recently installed Tribunal it seems that assassins fancy waking me up every once in awhile and trying to kill me. Silly me to think I`d be safe in A BARRACK surrounded by MY BROTHERS IN ARMS. No, they just watched and picked their nose as I fled for my life (being quite low on health). Argh!

So, does anyone know of a mod for this or anything..?

Comment

• Re: Guards

QUOTE:

For example the first time I tried to raid the Dwemer ruin above Balmora & Fort Moonmoth the guy at the bridge got the better of me. I fled back to the Fort in hopes that they would protect me. Boy was I in for a suprise! The moral of that story being don`t expect a guard to piss on you if you`re on fire.

More recently I found myself a Champion in the ranks of the Legion. I was trying to get some well deserved rest in a barrack after some hard campaigning. Well, having recently installed Tribunal it seems that assassins fancy waking me up every once in awhile and trying to kill me. Silly me to think I`d be safe in A BARRACK surrounded by MY BROTHERS IN ARMS. No, they just watched and picked their nose as I fled for my life (being quite low on health). Argh!

So, does anyone know of a mod for this or anything..?

That's an AI issue, and it's built into the exe. There are no plugins for that. I know what you mean about guards not attacking someone who attacks you first.

However, the Dark Brotherhood are the most ruthless assassins around, and the Dark Brotherhood have been linked to several assassinations of Emperors. Just think about it think this way, you don't hear about the ones that GOT cought trying to break into the barracks.

Comment

• DIE GAENOR DIE!!!! ARGHHH!!

I finally killed this BASTARD Bosmer. I loaded up on 52 exclusive fortify health potions, 21 shield spells, and a bunch of enchantments and KILLED the SOB. Mwuuahahh!!

Of course, as soon as the fortify health potions wore off I slumped over.

But after several attempts at balancing fortify health potions and many swings of my Daedric Dai-katana, his head is on a pike in Velas Manor

BAM!!

Comment

• QUOTE:

I finally killed this BASTARD Bosmer. I loaded up on 52 exclusive fortify health potions, 21 shield spells, and a bunch of enchantments and KILLED the SOB. Mwuuahahh!!

Of course, as soon as the fortify health potions wore off I slumped over.

But after several attempts at balancing fortify health potions and many swings of my Daedric Dai-katana, his head is on a pike in Velas Manor

BAM!!

I congratulate you on your victory Mr. Oba, though I am amazed you would choose a Daedric weapon, seeing how slow they are and how much fatigue they eat up for each swing, same can be said about the Adamantium weapons. I personaly busted his helmet in with my Sunder.

Now take the time and kill his cousin Fargoth.

Comment

• I don't have Sunder yet. But I did get (spoilage a bit).....

to kill that lunatic Hand of Almalexia, S. Valor. Though, I did it in a rather unorthodox way.

I was trying to initiate the dialogue box to have him attack me. But when I right clicked on him, I got his inventory box instead- I had accidentally held the sneak button down! So, I attempted to take his saber, but got caught (which also pissed off a neighboring High Ordinator). Thing is, even though I didn't actually take Valor's weapon, he didn't have it equipped in his hand anymore and just started to run away from me! So I proceded to bash the holy shalk paste out of him while chasing him all through the streets and canal of Godsreach.

After he was dead though, and after I dispatched with that ticked High Ordinator, I checked Valor's inventory and his saber was still there!!

Oh well, guess he panicked

Comment

• QUOTE:

to kill that lunatic Hand of Almalexia, S. Valor. Though, I did it in a rather unorthodox way.

I was trying to initiate the dialogue box to have him attack me. But when I right clicked on him, I got his inventory box instead- I had accidentally held the sneak button down! So, I attempted to take his saber, but got caught (which also pissed off a neighboring High Ordinator). Thing is, even though I didn't actually take Valor's weapon, he didn't have it equipped in his hand anymore and just started to run away from me! So I proceded to bash the holy shalk paste out of him while chasing him all through the streets and canal of Godsreach.

After he was dead though, and after I dispatched with that ticked High Ordinator, I checked Valor's inventory and his saber was still there!!

Oh well, guess he panicked

Mmm... that's somthing. I'm surprised, since he also has "Her Darts", which are a total pain if you get hit my them. I guess you found a bug and the AI didn't know what to do.

Oh well... I don't like going to Godsreach since I found out the north to south sun that I pointed out. I tend to flip out a little.

I'm still ticked about not being able to start the Crimson Plauge sidequest in Tribunal, since finishing the main quest stops it.

Comment

• Oh, heh. I did trigger the Crimson Plague. That was a nifty little side to-do.

The sun thing doesn't bother me (especially now with the blight storm going on) since I don't look up much in Mournhold.

And OMG!! Trueflame!!

Comment

Working...
                                X