Morrowind experiences vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUOTE:

There were lots of threads about the twin blades, but in the end Sunder is still THE most powerful weapon of all.

Besides, the twin blades eat up half the screen and I can't stand that.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• Shouldn't all this stuff be in the Tribunal thread?

I don't have Tribunal, and you guys are giving me spoilers!!

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Can anyone tell me about these forts out in the middle of nowhere? An example - Hlormaren between Hla Oad & Gnaar Mok. These are the forts with the polypon (sp?) indexes also.

I went into the fort and the residents were hostile on the first two floors, but strangely the residents on the roof and in the underground section were friendly. I freed some slaves then found a back exit through the sewer and into the sea.

Anyway, is there anything that can be told about them that isn`t a major spoiler? Why were the residents in the upper and lower sections hostile? Why were the residents underground and roof nice?

Comment

• QUOTE:

I went into the fort and the residents were hostile on the first two floors, but strangely the residents on the roof and in the underground section were friendly. I freed some slaves then found a back exit through the sewer and into the sea.

Anyway, is there anything that can be told about them that isn`t a major spoiler? Why were the residents in the upper and lower sections hostile? Why were the residents underground and roof nice?

They are anchient Dunmer strongholds that date back to the first era. Most are controled by smugglers and witches. Others like Marandus are controled by a ruling house (In that cause House Redoran), well, Marandus is the only one.

One I would avoid for now because it deals with the main quest is Kogoruhn. If you happen to find it fine, take note but you will have to do somthing there.

As far as I know, with exception with the ones in the northern ashlands, they deal with either a Faction quest or side quest.

There is a bug with the one between Hla Oad and Gnarr Mok, the dome in the roof is "floating" and the door marker to go inside is in the ceiling so it's a pain.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

• QUOTE:

I don't have Tribunal, and you guys are giving me spoilers!!

ACK!

Sorry tub, I thought that since Anun posted here, that the Tribunal thread was auto-deleted or somthing.

NOTE TO SELF: Use markos' spoiler code.

Comment

• FINALLY finished the main quests!! Phew!

Kogorhun is bad place.. very bad..

Comment

• Actually I just did that quest for the first time. My Nord warrior busted right through it. The only problem I had was with one particular Dagon at the very bottom of the fort who I couldn`t hit for some reason. High agility?

Comment

• You mean the ash vampire? I wouldn't count on killing one of them until you have some nice stats (level 11+ with some nice weapon/destruction skills and hardware).

Comment

• Was it an ash vampire? I don`t know. All I know is that it was a distinct Dagon that I could only hit one time out of 10.

I think I`m doing pretty well. I`m already a very accomplished fighter being the guildmaster of Fighters and the Imperial Dragon at lvl 12. I`ve been using the same enchanted hammer called 'the hammer of wounds' for 90% of the game. I forget where I bought it but it has served me well! Must replace it soon though.. need something more damaging..

Humm.. I have a good story about this character running in my head. Anyone know of any good Morrowind fanfics based on actual played characters?

One of my all time favs is Arwen's character which is still being written. I did see a pretty good on in this thread too.

Comment

• QUOTE:

I think I`m doing pretty well. I`m already a very accomplished fighter being the guildmaster of Fighters and the Imperial Dragon at lvl 12. I`ve been using the same enchanted hammer called 'the hammer of wounds' for 90% of the game. I forget where I bought it but it has served me well! Must replace it soon though.. need something more damaging..

Humm.. I have a good story about this character running in my head. Anyone know of any good Morrowind fanfics based on actual played characters?

One of my all time favs is Arwen's character which is still being written. I did see a pretty good on in this thread too.

From now I will untilize Markos' new spoiler system, and I suggest everyone else use them as well, since we can only work with one thread, and I don't have $20 at the moment to bribe Dan to give us our own forum.

Spoiler, Main Quest Information

Spoiler:

Make sure you pick the items from the Ash Vampire's bodies, and make sure you get them all, because not only because the items will make your life a lot easier, but they seem to effect Dagoth Ur's strenght.

Some background on Ash Vampires...

Ash Vampires are NOT Blood Vampires. Ash Vampires are servents of Dagoth Ur and are tired to the "Doom Drum's" heart. There is speculation that Ash Vampires are Dwemer.

I suggest that by the time you go to Kogoruhn you should be at least level 15, and by the time you must face Dagoth Ur you are 25 - 30. This is assuming you are using +100 difficulty setting.

As for the fan fics, check my Harry the Altmer stories I have scattered in this thread. I want to write the next but I'm waiting for people to PM me what Harry should do next.

It's basicly what has happened to my Uber Altmer I have, touched up a bit to give it some depth. Yes I know I suck at writing novel style and do better if it were a movie script like most of my projects, but what the heck.

I also rehased my old webpage. Click here to check it out. It basicly has what I've posted before here as well as some additional tips. I also have info about stuff I did for Civ3 and Quake 3 and what you need to do to make AvPGE even better then it is. I plan to add to it, but like most personal pages, that's like once a month, and I'm sure you all can understand that.

Comment

• Thats a nice website. I wanted to ask you some questions but the email was disabled. I guess I`ll just ask the most pressing one here - how do you unload your loot if you`re an outlaw?

I imagine you would get quite a bit of loot and run up a very high bounty at the same time. After I get about 1000 or so (after killing someone) nobody will talk to me. All they will say is "Oh you`re notorious outlaw X, you scare me!" then terminate the dialog.

One of my other plugin ideas would be to make an outlaw life viable. I never liked the fact that all outlaws were instantly hostile. I guess it makes sense that if you come barging in their cave they should try to kill you - but I`d like to be able to play it from the other side too.

Maybe a few caves could be setup as a gang and if you had a sufficient bounty they`d welcome you instead of fighting you. Then the leader of said cave could give you some missions to loot houses and steal valuble items or maybe assassinate some pesky guards.. hmmmmmmm..

The friendly gang would also be a good place to unload stolen loot and launder items..

Comment

• I got sick of playing at 100% difficulty- damned Axe carrying Orcs could kill my guy with one hit, even though my armor rating was in the 150s and HP at around 200. BS!

So I backed it down to 60%, which still makes for a somewhat challenging game without the head-banging critical strikes from NPCs.

Comment

• QUOTE:
                            Thats a nice website. I wanted to ask you some questions but the email was disabled. I guess I`ll just ask the most pressing one here - how do you unload your loot if you`re an outlaw?

I imagine you would get quite a bit of loot and run up a very high bounty at the same time. After I get about 1000 or so (after killing someone) nobody will talk to me. All they will say is "Oh you`re notorious outlaw X, you scare me!" then terminate the dialog.

One of my other plugin ideas would be to make an outlaw life viable. I never liked the fact that all outlaws were instantly hostile. I guess it makes sense that if you come barging in their cave they should try to kill you - but I`d like to be able to play it from the other side too.

Maybe a few caves could be setup as a gang and if you had a sufficient bounty they`d welcome you instead of fighting you. Then the leader of said cave could give you some missions to loot houses and steal valuble items or maybe assassinate some pesky guards.. hmmmmmmm..

The friendly gang would also be a good place to unload stolen loot and launder items..

Well, I decided not to display my e-mail on my webpage because I'm pretty sick of spam, and hotmail can only do so much. I hope you can understand. (This is also why I don't bother checking until the end of the week, where I do a mass deletion ritual which requires a goat to sacrifice to the almighty Hotmail god.)

Unloading items is easy, either look inside a container OR right click the mouse and drag and drop items from your inventory menu. Just like using windows. After a while you'll get the hang of it. For the PC, a player can have up to 1024 items, this includes items that are not owned by the player. For the xbox it's 256. This is due to the fact the PC has more memory.

I mentioned this before in this thread, if you are skilled at Illusion and Speechcraft. Buy a Calm humanoid spell and caste it to someone who is attacking you, then admire him/her to 100 desp. They will not attack you again (There are some exceptions to this. If you pull your weapon out they might attack, if this happens just repeat the spell/admire trick). If you are good at conjuring and you have lots of restore magicka potions, you could lead them back to your stronghold. I got two dunmer, an Imperial and a Wood elf in my Telvanni stronghold. I think that wood elf is weird because she keeps calling me a theif since I seemed to have stolen her heart.

I'm currently adding some more games times and modding tricks. I also want to sit down and take some screen shots of my Q3 levels. I'm only using like 500KB, and my ISP allows 15MB.

Comment

• QUOTE:

So I backed it down to 60%, which still makes for a somewhat challenging game without the head-banging critical strikes from NPCs.

To each his own I guess. I do it because I heard of the game from toonami when it had good programs. The guy said it usualy takes days to go from one town to another. Well I found that not to be true, and so upping the difficulty from the start makes me thinks twice before going from Balmora to Caldera, since Alits and Nix Hounds really do a number on ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thrawn05
                                Unloading items is easy..
                                I know how to 'unload' items.

How do you sell them? Like I said before, to my experience having a high bounty precludes merchants speaking with me, high disposition or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X