No announcement yet.

Alpha Centauri / Call to Power: My opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh? BR hasn't been here in a LONG time. He doesn't have time to hang around the CTP forums any more than Lt. John has time to hang around the SMAC forums.

King, everyone got over BR's "insult" two months ago.
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Metat, Red Trotskyite, Colon, Beefcake, Quintirus, Robi, YYYH, and all
      members of this forum who appose Bryan Reynolds, let us unite against the
      common threat, Alpha Centurian.
      Interesting seeing YYYH's name there. Did you even read this entire thread? YYYH has come out in support of SMAC. IN fact, he'll have it soon. He has over 1500 posts in the SMAC forums, and is excited over the game. I should know; I talk to him on ICQ every day. He's as excited about SMAC as I am (even more so!). So, Clovis, do your homework next time.

Imran Siddiqui
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, Reynolds posted the exact same message in a lot of forums, and never replied. Probably testing to see how many people might buy the game.

Comment

...in the forums.

Comment

I'm surprised this threatd still exists, it's about the oldest one in these forums.
            I never was very interested in this discussion so I rarely take a look, but I did now and I was surprised to see this

Metat, Red Trotskyite, Colon, Beefcake, Quintirus, Robi, YYYH, and all members of this forum who appose Bryan Reynolds, let us unite against the common threat, Alpha Centurian.
            Eh ? I'm not sure, but I don't think I ever said something bad about Brian or opposed him. I do know I like AC, it's a good game and I like the concept.
            I don't understand how my name stumbled in that list.

I find this all SMAC/CTP rivalry idiot, I buy the games I'm interested in, that's it.
            (and if I have to be a part in any rivalry, I choose the side of Imperialism 2, na ! )
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Colon, I think some of us are just flaming SMACer's because the way many presented themselves in this forum.(arrogantly, irrationally, "Lets get 'em", come to mind)
              The most vocal often seem the most militaristic.

Comment

Imuran, i see you and LordStone1 back Bryan Reynolds, humn, I wonder why. Are you guys SMAC members. Oh yeah, LordStone1, look at the thread and YOU tell me if people got over. Colon, I apologyze, I accidentally tyed your anme in there. I still hope you will come defend CTP against the forces of Imuran. Oh, Imuran, as with Colon, I typed in YYYH, accidentally.
                Clovis Roi de Frankterre, Allemagne, Frisia, et Aquitaine.

Comment

What the....

Are u accusing me of being a SMACer? Why the hell do u think I'm wasting my time here if I'd rather go over to the SMAC forums? I did plan on buying SMAC but after playing the demo, I won't. I've always been loyal to CTP.

Yes, I thought people had gotten over BR's insult but I forgot about some persons. The bulk of the whole thread is from around Christmastime, and the rest are just little petty opinions that keep this thread alive for two months - much too long. Of course, if you hadn't posted that idiotic call to arms, being the "leader" of all CTPers against all SMACers, we wouldn't be talking about this.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I am a SMACer.:-)
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

And I respect that.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh cool... can I be a SMACer and have some respect as well. Please? Pretty please?

Q
                        CVM INGENVO TRANQVILLITAS ANIMI

Comment

And what about Imperialismers ? They deserve respect too ...
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yeah! ;P
                            And what about... umm... what about... anyone else who wants respect. yeah! what about them?
                            CVM INGENVO TRANQVILLITAS ANIMI

Comment

Forces of Imran!?!
                              What forces? I will buy CTP whether or not anyone says it is okay with them. (Except perhaps the people who are paying for it)

Give it up. There are no "forces," "armies," or anything else. And I am not opposing Brian Reynolds, I am just not going to buy SMAC. Starcraft is about all I can take from Aliens.

Comment

I am never going to Buy Alpha Centauri!
                                I think the game looks dull and boring.

I cant wait though to Call to Power. That game looks GREAT and COOL AS HELL!!!!!
                                I already have preordered the game and think everyone else should go preorder this wonderfull game.

Comment

Working...
                                X