No announcement yet.

Galactic Overlord - Signup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just suppose that the stronger of the two attacking fleets gets there first, and leaves before the other arrives. If they're the same strength then I'm stuck for any good ideas, unless the patented Jamski RNG can help me out.....

Comment

I was going to stick with whoever sends their orders first, fights first.

On reflection, its better to fight second though, against weaker opposition. And we want people to send their orders fast. We also want people to find allies when they attack...

So.

The first to send their orders in, will be the last to fight, and vice versa.

Or.

The stronger fleet fights first (gives fairer fights)

What do we decide?

I'm sure it won't be a common problem anyway.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I say first to come fights last.

Comment

First in Last out works the best I think. You could say, first fleet arrives and notices another fleet incoming and "hides" on the far side of another planet, waits for the second arriving fleet to leave and the moves in for the opertunity
          Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
            Why should they fight first? They have no hostile intentions to each other.
            True, but they don't have the intention to ally with each other, either.

Maybe a multi-sided fight?
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nah, too complicated. At worst they'll make an uneasy truce - after all they both have the same goal, the destruction of another player, and fighting each other will only make that goal less likely.

No multi-sided battles ever occurred in history that I heard of. Two sides always unite against the common enemy.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

And we want people to send their orders fast.
                Some of us have other things to do in life.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Capturing Bases

New ship type: marine carrier (can be any size).
                  Cost: same as the size class.
                  Attack stength: 0
                  Defense strength: 1 (takes 1 hit to destroy)

The marine carrier stays out of the combat. If an attacker wins a fight against a defender with a marine carrier left, he can capture the enemy base. A captured base provides 2 BPs a turn, but cannot be counted towards shipbuilding purposes.

The orginal owner of the base does not need to recapture it. Once he wins the fight, the ownership automatically reverts back.

Comment

Do we start with any shields or spies?
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Two sides always unite against the common enemy.
                      Unless, of course, both sides want to capture the base.

Comment

New ship type: suicide rider (can be any size)
                        Cost: same as size class
                        Attack stength: special (see below)
                        Defense strength: 1 (takes 1 hit to destroy)

A suicide rider is a robotic ship that's filled with explosives and rig to self destruct on remote control. A suicide rider does not join in combat resolution. A suicide rider is destroyed if its side has no other ships left and the other side has one or more excess damage points. Each damage point destroys a suicide rider.

Each and every surviving suicide rider self destructs at the end of combat resolution, causing damage equal to 2x its size class. So a suicide rider of cruiser size causes 4 points of damage at the end of combat.

Comment

Do we start with any shields or spies?
                          Nope, but you can build them more easily than in Nuclear War (i.e. you don't have to sacrifice too much)

New ship type: marine carrier (can be any size).
                          All ships carry enough marines that in the case they attack an undefended system they can capture a base.

Unless, of course, both sides want to capture the base
                          Ah - since bases can only be captured if undefended, then there will always be no enemy fleet in the system. This means we will have a fight between the two attackers as they try to claim the base.

New ship type: suicide rider (can be any size)
                          No more ships!

The rules are now closed to any additions or modifications unless there is a loophole needs closing or an unclear situation needs resolving. I'm saying that because I know how much we love to discuss rules, and the game will never start. We can have a "council" after 5 turns and see what needs tinkering with, decided democratically by any surviving players.

-Jam

Comment

signup sent.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Do we send in just the pre-build orders or first turn orders also?

Comment

Just the prebuilt orders, then I'll post up a STARMAP! Wow! Then we'll have the first round.

Prebuilds from Smiley are fine.

WITH 8 PLAYERS NOW, SIGNUP IS CLOSED

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X