Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War IX Game Thread, "No more MAD!"

Here are the rules again.

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
    email: spacedcowboy@rock.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (I won't deflect for you, I won't do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 AM CST each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

* Stockpile Nukes:
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

* Deflect:
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

* Build a Bunker:

Gives you another bunker to use.

* Train a new spy:
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies)

Build City:
    You get one extra city.

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but I don't recieve any orders, I'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course I'll send you a msg that I didn't recieve your orders)

Player and City List:

GeneralTarticus Tar Valon, Ruihdean, Cairhien

Jamski

Skanky Burns

DrSpike Spain, Drain, Reign

Hercules Stream, Dream, Ream

ljcvetko Sick, Dick, Rick

ADG Sane, Rain, Slain

Need city names from Skanky and Jamski

Need orders from Jamski, Skanky, DrSpike, Hercules, and ljcvetko.

Will process orders at 9AM CST tomorrow.
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Ok... city names...

Brill!, Fab! & Zappo!

What is CST as a GMT+/-x time?

And can I send my orders by PM or only by e-mail?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sent by e-mail this time, anyway

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Skimski, my email address is above.
        You are 7 hours ahead of me. 9AM CST = 4PM your time.
        Capesh?
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

How do you think I sent you an e-mail already? Read the question

Si

-Jam

Comment

Oh, I misread your first question and then you posted before I finished figuring out CST to your time.

PM or email is fine, I prefer PM.

Comment

Ok, forgiven I was just riled that you called me Skimski after skimming my much shorter post

-Jam

Comment

Nice to see the rules are up to date.

Comment

Nice to see other people have checked the rules are up to date for me.

Cities: Cities: Carbon, Marvin, Darwin

Orders to be sent soon.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Not only going for the 'sent' +1 you want a 'soon' +1. Your strategy from the best game lists is very versatile.

Comment

You and your metaspam. You just follow me around accusing me of "setting myself up for spam", you're worse than BC.

That "soon" part referred to the fact I would send my orders just after making that post. And my post was also used to submit my city list. But no, that highly-efficient post still gets labelled as a +1.

And orders sent.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I been called a lot of things in my life but worse than BC! You take that back or else.

Comment

Comment

I somehow quake when I read this thread. He's right though Spikie, you are worse than Dolphin.

Of course, that's a compliment, coming from me or Skanky

-Jam

Comment

Orders sent.

You guys are incorrigible. But I guess when I am near deity I 'll do the same
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                              X