Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I see a Fez in-coming

Indeed... it's incredible. To even say PR2's graphics is better than Pirates! with a straight face shows an amazing ability to block out reality.
    More denial. I'm surprised you haven't called me a criminal yet.

I'm not saying that PR2 is better than Pirates

Yes you are... I was talking about the graphics .
    No, I'm not. It was you that compaired the graphics of the two in the first place, I just took it a step further.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      Want to explain how Port Royale's supposedly questionable use of shadows and shading stops Pirates! from looking like washed out crap?
      Oh please. Even if I grant you the Pirates! scene looks like washed out, which I don't, it doesn't mean the PR one is automatically better because of the messed up lighting.

Want to explain the relevance of lighting in scenes which have static lighting?
      I was explaining to you why the colours in the Pirates! scene are so much brighter and saturated.

Want to explain why you think houses with pixelated edges, gaudy lighting, and no decour or flavour look more 'real' than the high-res and highly detailed sprites?
      What do you think houses in a medieval town looks like? I would argue that the streets look too clean and the houses too tidy, but they are real houses. The houses in the other screenshot looks exactly like the toy houses my SO collects, complete with little animals going about their businesses.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Oh please. Even if I grant you the Pirates! scene looks like washed out, which I don't, it doesn't mean the PR one is automatically better because of the messed up lighting.
        Too bad I didn't say PR is better - I said they where both pretty bad.

Remember, i wasn't the one who brought up PR as a comparison.

I was explaining to you why the colours in the Pirates! scene are so much brighter and saturated.
        Well, it's nice that you understand why it's ugly.

What do you think houses in a medieval town looks like? I would argue that the streets look too clean and the houses too tidy, but they are real houses. The houses in the other screenshot looks exactly like the toy houses my SO collects, complete with little animals going about their businesses.
        So you are arguing about style and theme rather than quality? I can accept that.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

you all are a bunch of haters...

I'M not going to be negative.

But I didn't play the first one, so perhaps I'm the only one here who can be objective. Maybe this game will suck, I don't know... all I know is that being a pirate is pretty ****ing bad ass.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Port Royale 2's going to be way better than Pirates! 3.

Go Germans! You can program! (Ascaron)

Down Frenchies! Your losers! (Atari - the losers formerly known as Infrogrames)

Go Germans! .......

Comment

There is now also another preview:

Gamespot Pirates Impressions
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

I'm feeling sad i wont be able to play this game - for a while atleast(maybe next xmas i will get another newer pc?)
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I think it's about time.

Comment

More denial.

Denial? Because I acknowledge that Pirates! looks beautiful?!

Ah, a Fez in the making you are.

How is this not absolutely gorgeous?

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Before this degerates further into "you suck", "no, *you* suck" perhaps everyone could agree that both styles are not inherently superior but could conceivably each have their own admirers?

Comment

I never said PR2 was ugly. I'm simply responding to those who say P! is ugly, by simply saying PR2 looks worse.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

all i can say is that the proof of the pudding will be in the eating ...

lets await the release as graphics are not everything, i wouldrather have bad graphics and good gameplay than brillaint graphics and lousy gameplay..
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I want to shoot that ship with an Apache gunship!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                              Before this degerates further into "you suck", "no, *you* suck" perhaps everyone could agree that both styles are not inherently superior but could conceivably each have their own admirers?
                              That idea sucks

Both styles of architecture are correct. Just for different countries and levels of wealth. Neither look accurate in the way they have laid them out if they are attempting to represent colonies in the tropics.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

graphics are not everything

Of course, but the haters are insulting the graphics (so far).

Comment

Working...
                                X