No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's Pirates! preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, not a Sims fan... this is anything BUT the Sims . The majority of the game will be ship battles... ie, strategy.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Hehe I love how everyone sensible distances themselves from the Sims in any game discussions.

Comment

• I wonder why..
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• /me forms a horde to go after Spikie.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            No, not a Sims fan... this is anything BUT the Sims .
            Wake up and smell the coffee! That's exactly what their making Sims Pirates! or "Sims Meier's Pirates! 2."

The emphasis of the game is to swordfight, woo the daughter (Sims dating), and dance on the dance floor (Sims Nightlife).

Pirates! 2 is a game for Sims fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              * Skanky Burns forms a horde to go after Spikie.
              Yeah a *horde* of Sims fans. Not around here.

Anyway today is Sunday so I can just hide whilst they teach their Sim how to mow the lawn or something

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc

Yeah a *horde* of Sims fans. Not around here.

Anyway today is Sunday so I can just hide whilst they teach their Sim how to mow the lawn or something

They could round up all the Furries, too although Sims fans and Furries probably have a lot of overlap.

Although I never would have thought to inclue Imran in this group. He usually seems so intelligent and well grounded.

They need to make the Dance an option that can be turned off. That is just going in the wrong direction for Sid.

Comment

• That's exactly what their making Sims Pirates! or "Sims Meier's Pirates! 2."

GF shows he has no idea what the Hell he is talking about, meaning that PR2 is probably much worse than we all thought .

They need to make the Dance an option that can be turned off.

Just don't try to marry the Governor's daughter... DUH!

Of course PR2 has swordfighting... it's a Sims game too? I wonder if PR2 really even cares about ship battles? Probably not, it just like numbers in a spreedsheet form of game.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Actually ship battles are the bulk of PR2, you spend more time on that than anything. And unlike Pirates! you can have up to 20 Convoys and 10 ships per convoy for 10 on 10 fleet battles.

Pirates! 2 had to cut the fleet battles, ship burnings and what not for the dancing shoes and leisured suits I guess...........

Comment

• Actually ship battles are the bulk of PR2

And the bulk of Pirates! So, once again, you've demonstrated you have no idea what the Hell you are talking about .

And unlike Pirates! you can have up to 20 Convoys and 10 ships per convoy for 10 on 10 fleet battles.

If you, as the player, could have conveys in a game called PIRATES, I'd be definetly disappointed.

Pirates! 2 had to cut the fleet battles, ship burnings and what not for the dancing shoes and leisured suits I guess...........

No, see, unlike your precious PR2, Pirates! can do two things at once and add fun little side-quests .

--

Of course, Pirates! 1 is considered a gaming classic, while PR1 was a forgettable distraction .

Comment

• We'll see, but I cannot phathom how adding the Sims aspect to Pirates! can be a good thing.

Comment

• IF the pirates kill the sims....hmm...maybe....
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Alva, the pirates ARE the Sims in Pirates! 2.

Comment

• Sorry, but Pirates! 2 just sounds like an unfunny version of Monkey Island 3 or 4.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• What the heck is Monkey Island? Is that anywhere near Cat Island?

Comment

Working...
                                X