No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's Pirates! preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari?!? They'll start work on the next game the day this one is released and post to say fixing blatant bugs in the first game is not their priority. But that wouldn't happen would it?

Nice screenies though.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Pretty
      Pretty ugly.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If it runs on a GeForce2 or higher, I wouldn't say those are ugly.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
          It looks quite ambitious to me...
          You have low requirements
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            If it runs on a GeForce2 or higher, I wouldn't say those are ugly.
            Why? There's been better looking games that don't even require a graphics card.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Every computer game requires a graphics card!
              Although I guess you mean a 3d one, in which case you are correct.

Whats with the name-change, btw?
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You have low requirements
                Its DOES look ambitious. They want to make a RPG, a real-time naval combat sim, a swordfighting/beat-'em-up sim, an exploration/trading game, a RTS urban combat section and some kind of "escape from jail" action game - but all in one game.

Now THAT is what I would call ambitious. They are really biting off too much.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

/me keeps an eye open for this game...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Graphics don't count, gameplay does ,

Though I do like[Italian Job] Preeetyy Pictiours [/I-J]
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      Its DOES look ambitious. They want to make a RPG, a real-time naval combat sim, a swordfighting/beat-'em-up sim, an exploration/trading game, a RTS urban combat section and some kind of "escape from jail" action game - but all in one game.

Now THAT is what I would call ambitious. They are really biting off too much.
                      It does look like a fairly souped-up version of the original, though I don't think it's overly ambitious. None of the components are very complicated.

Comment

Is there a US release date in sight?
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It does seem pretty managable... and they KNOW that the game concept works and will sell.

This is one of the biggest no brainer sequels ever.

Comment

"Right now the team is projecting a minimum spec for the game that requires a 1GHz processor, 128MB of RAM and a GeForce 2 or equivalent" [from the IGN preview].

For Pirates! thats a bit over the top no, even for 2004?

I guess my 166 wont cut it.....

Still maybe they might do a console version?
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                              "Right now the team is projecting a minimum spec for the game that requires a 1GHz processor, 128MB of RAM and a GeForce 2 or equivalent" [from the IGN preview].

For Pirates! thats a bit over the top no, even for 2004?
                              Erm... no?

I guess my 166 wont cut it.....
                              Holy mother of god. How do you cope with using that slug? Does it have 512KB or 640KB?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
                                Holy mother of god. How do you cope with using that slug? Does it have 512KB or 640KB?
                                Its got 48MB wow feel the power Strangely when i compare it with the pc's at work(p2 500mhz+), it doesnt come of too bad, maybe a few secs longer to boot w98, the same when opening a word 2000 doc. Im happy with it anyway, although CTP2 on gigantic maps can be a pain

And its just so i can play oldies as they were meant to be - including the origonal Pirates

Anyway i guess i was meaning if the new Pirates requires a 1Ghz pc, then maybe i wont get it for my xbox......

1Ghz for Pirates.......just think about it for abit.......
                                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X