Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the GTA series the best game series of the last ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes GTA is the best video game series (ever).

Master of Orion 3 shot that series in the foot (and its all been downhill since 1 anyway). And since Civ will always be second to MoO ...

... that leaves GTA.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

*cough* Baldur's Gate *cough*

*cough cough* Fallout *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Gabriel knight, that's it !!!
        Another series that went straight downhill from the first. I mean Jeebus, I thought I bought a videogame, not a movie.
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          *cough* Baldur's Gate *cough*
          *cough* decent *cough*

*cough cough* Fallout *cough*
          Put it back in and take shorter strokes ...

Comment

GTA is the greatest series in its genre.
            It isn't the greatest series though, as evidenced by Thief.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

GTA is the greatest series in its genre.
              Umm... isn't it alone in its own genre

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

But then don't you have to specify which GTA is the best for the GTA genre?
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Number A) You should shoot yourself in the foot for having not played it

Number Be: You should shoot your computer for the suggestion that it could possibly even compare to the best series. It might be in the top 50 but its close yet oh so far from being in the top 10.

The only unique thing about GTA is that you can wander around all you want, other than that its just another action title.

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Another series that went straight downhill from the first. I mean Jeebus, I thought I bought a videogame, not a movie.
                    GK2 is almost universally acknowledged as one of the finest, most immersive adventure games of all time.

Btw in a sidenote, aren't there only 2 BG games?

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Well, it was the only game I got my GF to play, Not that the adventure format is suited to co-op.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Is the GTA series the best game series of the last ten years?

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                        But how about it? GTA vs Civ? GTA vs EU? GTA vs SMAC?
                        GTA vs TOAW??

Or to make it a closer comparison, GTA vs Baldurs Gate??? GTA vs Simcity??
                        You can't really compare those games... comparing GTA to Civ is like comparing a glass (for drinking) to a mirror...

But GTA is among the best action games ever... but Vice city was bad... London was even worse...
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I just thought it was boring...
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Civ 2, Fantastic Worlds, MGE, ToT.

(Quite a series)

I think that when Baldur's Gate was mentioned, the reference to a series (well, apart from the 2 games and an expansion each), was also referring to the other games using the same engine, which would include Kotor.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Number A) You should shoot yourself in the foot for having not played it

Number Be: You should shoot your computer for the suggestion that it could possibly even compare to the best series. It might be in the top 50 but its close yet oh so far from being in the top 10.

The only unique thing about GTA is that you can wander around all you want, other than that its just another action title.

A. Well first I want to see if GTA is good enough simply as a game to reprioritize. Im currently just getting into Panzer General 2. Ive never played Gabriel Knight. Etc, etc. GTA isnt first gaming priority, by any means.
                              B. Im just trying to get feedback on something someone else (who shall go nameless) said on another thread. He said GTA was best series in last ten years. When i called him a fanboy, he challenged me to name a better series. Given that Ive never played GTA, i thought id try the opinions of those who have.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

-Jam
                                RPG/Action/driving game??????

Really, id like to know what to compare it to.
                                Im sure comparing it to civ is silly, (see above post for why i did that) but could one compare it to say, Baldurs Gate? so i could get an idea of how it compares in openendness, missions/quests, well crafted world, etc?
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X