Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the GTA series the best game series of the last ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FP sighting!

Comment

no just an illusion....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hey Fp!!! how's it going mate???

Settled in yet?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

SEE! Another good thing came out of GTA!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

GTA sucks. there I said it. It's just a glamorized racing game.

Comment

GTA sucks. there I said it. It's just a glamorized racing game.

Yeah...becasue SOOOO much of the game is centered around racing. I mean basically it is just a racing game with some added shooting and running. It is TOTALLY just like a Twisted Metal ripoff w/o the kind of dark story lines, and the part about only being able to drive.

So littel of that game is racing related. If you said that maybe it is a glamorized shooting game, I wouldn't be posting this much flame. What we should do is create a top ten list of the top ten stupidest ****ing stupidest posts ever, and show them, and then the author can be met with scorn for ever writing such brain dead crap.(I'd probably be on that list too ) If you want proff that the GTA games are hardly raing gaems, then try playing the game, but only doing the racing parts of it. Then come back and tell us what percentage of the game that constitutes.
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

the author can be met with scorn for ever writing such brain dead crap.

hey, just cause hes from Vegas it don't mean he's braindead

And its more of a driving game to me than a shooting game. I happen to enjoy finding a million different ways to flip my cars.

Comment

I would say that GTA is probably the most innovative game I've seen in a long time.....and it's ONE of the best. But THE best? Naw.

I'm biased, but I would probably pick SMAC/X just for it's replayability and all the unique , random events that can happen.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Although I do like GTA because it gives you unparalleled freedom. Just hijacking a car and driving around town with the tunes playing is fun for me.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

The Gran Turismo series has to be under consideration... it pretty much transended hardware limitations, seemingly, each time its been released... as well as the car feels themselves being so unique and identifiable.

Comment

For me, GTA III and Vice City just get really old really fast.

Comment

As for me, they get old, too much driving around.

Even my friend who likes it more than me, bought Vice city whyen it first came out on PC and it is still sitting in the shrink-wrap on his desk.
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Even my friend who likes it more than me, bought Vice city whyen it first came out on PC and it is still sitting in the shrink-wrap on his desk.

he bought it for the wrong system.

Comment

Okay Space, I'll bite, why is it so much better on the PS2
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I think he was saying that the friend bought it to the PS2, to find out he only had a PC

I can't even imagine what pain it would be to play such games on the PS2...
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X