Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the GTA series the best game series of the last ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero
    replied
    Meh, leveling up and creeping isnt all that RPGish at all. Behind all that RPG-like element isnt really RPG, but system that favors aggressive styled play. If you ask any WC3 players, they'll say the same thing too.

I guess Items are kinda RPGish. I Hate Items. Too random. Random factors dont belong in competitive play! Why cant you turn this **** off?

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    it's too RPGish

Leave a comment:

• Zero
    replied
    Originally posted by Sava
    Warcraft (before WC3)
    whats so good about ghey broken down wc1? wc3 is like the best thing that has happened to RTS since starcraft and invention of sliced bread.

Leave a comment:

• Zero
    replied
    Street Fighter > quake > "Craft" series >>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA crap junk that I stopped playing after driving around the city and finsihing all missions got boring.

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    GTA is a good game... but not great. The best series' IMO:

CIV (duh ... except for Civ3... it sucks)
    Doom
    Wolfenstein
    EA's NHL series
    EA's Madden series
    Quake
    Warcraft (before WC3)
    Delta Force Series
    Simcity

those are the "greats"... GTA would be under "good"

Leave a comment:

• Fake Boris
    replied
    OK, I didn't read the whole thread, but GTA and GTA 2 weren't that great- so this may be a reason to dismiss them as the best game serie.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    GTA is good for BRIEF entertainment, to keep you occupied for 5 minutes. It's missions are repetitious. After an hour of gameplay, you have nothing new to explore, accomplish, or see. So, it's not so much a question of not liking it, rather than not finding it to be as great as it was said to be.

What Skanky said . The missions are wonderfully NOT repetitious. I mean, how many times did you have a mission to steal a tank? Or blowing up rival gang's stands? Or shooting down a plane with drug money? AND you can do each mission in any way you please. With some foresight, you can plan for escape and go about it that way.

GTA was a wonderful game that kept me playing throughout the entire story. Interesting little nooks and crannies to find out. Very fun side quests (who can forget the Cuban side quest in VC?) which flesh out the game further.

And talking about 'repetitious', what about the battles in FF?

Wouldn't GTA be cool if they morphed it a little, and it became an RPG?

Well it almost is . All they'd have to do was to include character advancement.

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    You can do limited changes to improve your character. Like getting their health permanently doubled, or their armour, or allowing them to run forever without getting tired.

Leave a comment:

• bipolarbear
    replied
    I mean if they changed the way that the story was played out. Maybe give it more of an RPG feel. Not the RPG worlds and powers though, that would be kinda cool for a while, but then it would suck. Unless they were able to pull a real miracle and improve the graphics.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    /me takes a look at all rpg games he's ever heard of

No thanks, I don't want all characters in the game to start throwing fire and lightening-balls...

Leave a comment:

• bipolarbear
    replied
    Oh my god cross posting!

Wouldn't GTA be cool if they morphed it a little, and it became an RPG?

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Even though I have played lots of GTA, I still make new discoveries from time to time... (ok, not anymore, since I don't have it installed)

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    Nothing new to explore?
    I take it you didn't even try to find all the hidden packages? Or complete the rampage missions? Or even do jumps whereever you could find them in the hope they were a unique jump? And I doubt you could get to the third island in GTA3 within an hours gameplay. Nor open up the second half of the map in Vice City.

Leave a comment:

• Verto
    replied
    Bah. GTA is good for BRIEF entertainment, to keep you occupied for 5 minutes. It's missions are repetitious. After an hour of gameplay, you have nothing new to explore, accomplish, or see. So, it's not so much a question of not liking it, rather than not finding it to be as great as it was said to be.

Final Fantasy, OTOH, is one of the greatest series ever, Final Fantasy III being the greatest game ever. Engaging plots, objectives, and characters. Interesting locale, species, myths, weapons. Granted, the newer installments in the series appear to have lost what the series once had, they are still wildly popular.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Wait, so you don't like GTA, but you like Final Fantasy?!

Your opinion has officially been discredited... now exit to the door on your right .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X