Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HTML Apolyton 5-a-side football (in development)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vovan (later)
    • Spaced
    • Alva

When there's at least 10 I'll start a new thread for the actual game.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

How do we score if we can only "run" and "pass"?

Or do we "run" the ball into the goal? Might as well make it rugby then ;-)

Comment

Hmm, good point

Idea's:
        Yellow card = players misses a turn
        Red card = players misses two turns
        ?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You either "pass" the ball at the goal (from one of the three adjoing tiles) or "run" the ball past the keeper (again from one of the three adjoining tiles) The keeper will "save" if he says intercept and the player says "pass" and if he says "tackle" and the player says "run" then the keeper gets the ball off him. As you see, scoreing is 50/50.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I'll play. But only as goalkeeper.
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

Fine I thought I'd have to FORCE people to do that.

Idea's:
              Yellow card = players misses a turn
              Red card = players misses two turns
              Yeah, sounds good to me. Why be too harsh, eh?

-Jam

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

• Vovan (sub)
                  • Spaced
                  • alva
                  • Hueji (keeper)
                  • Spike
                  • Zopperoni???

-Jam

Comment

Yea, I'll play. Let's see how quickly I get booked ;-)

Comment

I also think that the booking threshold should be upped to 4/7, because there is no penalty on an interception attempt. This would lead "dribbling" being a more advantageous option over passing.

Comment

The demon ref has spoken

Its just a foul, then that the ref doesn't see

-Jam

Comment

Comment

Me

What's the deal with the HTML bit?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I guess HTML was where that fancy table of Jam's comes in.

As far as goal-keeping... I think there should be a way to do a one-touch hit. You know, where one player passes the ball to another player, and that latter hits it on the fly to redirect towards the net?

Then, of course, it'd be too easy to score and we'd have to introduce some sort of another advantage for the goalie...
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                                If they have the ball :
                                • Run with the ball (dribble) into any adjoining square.
                                • Pass the ball (kick) to any player in an adjacent square, or the current square.
                                • Stand still.
                                Why can't I play a long-ball game? Disgraceful!

Sign me up. Chopper York, ready to scythe through any opposition nancies trying to use skilful play, and also to have half-time fags while wheezing heavily. Anyone who has ever played 5-a-side in Yorkshire will instantly recognise this figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X