Civ2 Lives On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verto
    Beh, even if you aren't going to play it anymore, how could you throw away the cd? Doesn't it have any sentimental value?
    All 5 of my civ2 discs have sentimental value, well, except for ToT that is.

(Civ2, CiC, FW, MGE) still have a great deal of emotional attachment.

Comment

Hmm, people, it's a CD with zero and ones burned in, I fail to see it.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Within reason, with a modded Civ2 you need never buy another TBS again.

And, as a scenario creator, I'm not sure "play" is the right word.
        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

I play civ 2 all the time, when not playing EU2.
          The two best games around currently...

(well I do tend to play a few old adventure games previously unavailable on my system with the help of ScummVM too as of late, it's just so cool to play a dos or windows game on my mac without emulators or anything )
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

except for ToT

What is wrong with ToT? Maybe I need to play the other civ2 expansions, but I thought it was good, especially the multi-layer maps.
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
              except for ToT

What is wrong with ToT? Maybe I need to play the other civ2 expansions, but I thought it was good, especially the multi-layer maps.
              It didn't add anything good to the game (That's worth remembering), so it was a waste of money... I only played like one game...
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Did the other expansions have multi-layer maps?
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

I haven't played in close to a month since my cd got trashed.

If it hadn't I'd probably be playing almost everyday.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If you still have your Civ2 install PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      Hmm, people, it's a CD with zero and ones burned in, I fail to see it.
                      Someday, you will see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                        except for ToT

it also has additional scenario creation features, though there arent all that many TOT scenarios out there, largely cause most scen designers have FW or MGE, and cause the installed base of TOT players is much smaller. FW or MGE scens can be converted for TOT using a utility written by Angelo Scotto, who sometimes posts to the TOT board here.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I still play and mod, Civ2 is at the perfect level of graphic complexity for modding.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                          X