No announcement yet.

poll: games that were so good you purchased more than 1 copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes though you can't help it. i backed up a whole bunch of my games on a tape drive, it broke, and the disks went bad. i reinstalled some of them, but others i had to get again.

Comment

I once purchased 10 carts of Tetris.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I don't think I have ever been clumsy enough to break one of my games and have to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          Not me, either. When the games still came on floppy diskettes, I made backups.
          I was too stupid... and back in those days remember many games were protected so you couldn't copy them...

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Even back then there was software...
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Even "X-Copy Pro" couldn't copy some games...

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

software, yes...internet, no.

we had a few progs but the newer games had better protection, and the doc based protection kinda made it moot. i think i had a couple of paranoid games that had both.

my friend had a card that could break copy protection. he's so cheap i bet he still has it.

Comment

Hmmm....

Including "gaming packs" and the like:

NFS3: Hot Pursuit

Ultima 1-3

Civ 2

Sim City 2000

Comment

Bought the various civ incarnations, though I'm still mystified as to why test of time was ever made
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                      I was too stupid... and back in those days remember many games were protected so you couldn't copy them...

-Jam
                      I fart (note the present tense) on game companies that put various sorts of inane copy protection schemes on games (this crap is still going on). These blockheaded schemes only bother legit users while not hindering pros at all.

I let the pros handle the situation
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ultima VII, Civ 2, and Tetris (for the Gameboy, blah).
                        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

I rebought lots of games on CD and in windows compatible versions. Others I've bought because the original has been lent out and not returned. Too many to mention but Civ1-2, MOO1-2 and Ultima 1-7 all feature.
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

Civ 2,
                            Warcraft 2
                            HOMM 2

Do you sense a pattern?
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

yep: we're all insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                                my dad trashed all my games when i went all psycho-depressed, thought it was that caused it. he later found out those games were helping me vent.

sigh. memories.

every game i own now made prior to 99 is a rebuy.
                                You are not alone my friend. The only difference is that my dad trashed my magic cards worth at least 300 us dollars.

Ok, i admit that i played the burn versions of HoMM 2&3 that my friend game it to me, but when i started to work, i purchased HoMM millenium edition, plantium edition, and of course, HoMM4 in first week that it was released.
                                someone teach me baduk

Comment

Working...
                                X