• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Floyd

Primary objective - amusing myself: Achieved
    Secondary objective - getting someone riled up: Achieved

Tertiary objective-looking like an idiot: Achieved

I have been a store clerk and I wouldn't have sold them either.

There are other stores open past midnight, go to one of those.

Besides, carding a good looking women in her 30's is a great pickup line.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tertiary objective-looking lik an idiot: Achieved
      Yeah, that's part of the point of amusing myself.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

Yeah, that's part of the point of amusing myself.

That would be an LOL smilie if it worked.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The real issue here is that we have to have this conversation in the first place. I mean, come on - the government setting age limits on who can smoke a cigarette? Jesus Christ? If the justification is that they kill you, then shouldn't they ban them for everyone?

No, "underage" (which is a misnomer anyway - underage as opposed to what?) smoking is a parenting problem, not a government problem. If the parents don't give a ****, why should the government? And before someone trots out the argument that parents are letting kids harm themselves, the same argument would hold true with allowing kids to take martial arts, play competitive sports, ride a bicycle in the street, and any number of other things. Do those things need age limits too?
          David,

while I often disagree with you and libertarians in general about economic issues, Ithink you have my exact same views when it come to issues like this! I hate smoking as much as the next person, but really even if you start chain smoking at ten it's not like you'll drop over dead at 20. Not that any 10 year old should ever smoke, but i wish the government would get out of our lives. Anyways why use age at all? It is a terrible measurement, they need a better measuring tool to decide when people are responsible enough to smoke, or vote, or drink, or drive, or own property, or whatever...i hate soccer moms and all of the forces on both the left and the right that thinks the only answer to every question is a new fvcking laws! i hate that bs sooooooooooooo bad!

anyways i'm with you david

Comment

Tuberski: (that's thumbs up)

Then again, it ain't hard getting David to look like an idiot.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Then again, it ain't hard getting David to look like an idiot.
              Not really, fool, when that's pretty much the entire point of my post.
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Imran, I think it makes perfectly good sense in this thread to adress the fact that age limits on cigarettes and other things shouldn't exist. It's far from being a real threadjack and even further from being something you should get that angry about. Burn one down!

Comment

The only time I have ever been carded (for alcohol - I don't smoke) was in the US, in the Chicago suburbs. I was 28 at the time, so I was rather amazed, but my passport was enough ID. I wonder what he would have said if I had handed him my UK drivers license .

Comment

Go on and light up those death sticks, Darius. I'll see you in my clinic in a few years. Take your pick: lung cancer, bladder cancer, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, peripheral vascular occlusive disease, hypertension, chronic venous insufficiency, deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, stroke, mouth cancer, tongue cancer, throat cancer...

Bless your heart, I'll be able to pay my student loans back in no time thanks to you!
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

There are other stores open past midnight, go to one of those.
                        I already said, I'm not 'compaining' about what he did. There was a 24-hour place right nextdoor, and I deliberately went to the one I went to just as an 'experiment', out of curiousity. I'm not even peeved at the guy, I just found it interesting.

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        Go on and light up those death sticks, Darius. I'll see you in my clinic in a few years. Take your pick: lung cancer, bladder cancer, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, peripheral vascular occlusive disease, hypertension, chronic venous insufficiency, deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, stroke, mouth cancer, tongue cancer, throat cancer...

Bless your heart, I'll be able to pay my student loans back in no time thanks to you!
                        Don't start talking like that, or God'll give you a heartattack for the irony.

I already said I'm not a 'smoker'. I've had between 0 and 5 per week for three years, with no slide to addiction, and I very well could have none at all a few years from now.

Also, that has jack**** to do with this thread.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                          I already said I'm not a 'smoker'.
                          You smoke, but you're not a smoker?

Sorry D, not how it works. "I can quit anytime I want" is something nearly everyone says; but virtually no one is telling the truth when they say it.

If it is true--quit while you still can.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes, that is your problem. You stray into threads like a child entering the room in the middle of story who blabs on about what the story SHOULD be instead of what it IS.
                            Funny that. I've seen countless threads here where various people (usually hard-right Americans on subjects such as gun control) wade into threads about what SHOULD be and blabber on about what IS.
                            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

You smoke, but you're not a smoker?

Sorry D, not how it works. "I can quit anytime I want" is something nearly everyone says; but virtually no one is telling the truth when they say it.

If it is true--quit while you still can.
                              Not strictly true. There are people that smoke once every blue moon, and they're certainly not addicted. I'll have a cigarette maybe once a month, but I've easily gone over a year and smoked none. Hardly addicted...
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

"I can quit anytime I want" is something nearly everyone says; but virtually no one is telling the truth when they say it.
                                Correct, 'virtually' everybody. In the past three years, the amount of tobacco I've used hasn't significantly increased, nor has it taken on a regular pattern. There were times where I had no cigarettes for weeks, had half a pack in a night, and not smoked again for a few more weeks. Social smokers do exist.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X