No announcement yet.

25th Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't a bad movie. Of course, it wasn't all that great a movie, either.

Norton's acting in general seemed too contrived IMO (and the same goes for most of the other main actors). And that little rant Norton had in the middle in the movie seemed pretty stupid to me.

I liked the ending, though.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

what is contrived?

oh, and the rant is not his fault. It's in the script.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

I thought the rant was pretty nice too.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

So, generally, you recommend 25th hour?
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sure!
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

what is contrived?
              Not natural enough, too forced. There are some movies where the the dialogue and behavior seem so natural that the movie can't help but kick ass (I saw a really good indy movie like that a few months ago), and then there are movies like the 25th hour.

So, generally, you recommend 25th hour?
              Sure, if you have nothing better to do with your time and money. I saw it because my student union was having a free showing of the movie.

But the last 20-30 minutes was quite good.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
              X