Women and Augusta National Golf Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon
    For example, I'm not wringing my hands because a public health system gives women free mammograms and not men.
    Prostate cancer affects a larger percentage of men than breast cancer of women, and is fatal more often than breast cancer. Maybe if you had the facts you would wring your hands a little more.

I trust your opinion about government intrusion less than I trust your opinion about medical care.
    I don't believe that men should be prohibited from having their own clubs. My position is that when there's a good reason, it's fine. When the reason is just plainly sexist it isn't. I don't think golf clubs have a good reason.
    So which activities are we allowed to do without women around? Playing billiards, perhaps, but not golf? Sitting around a bar drinking, but not golf? If it were a precedent that golf clubs were men only you'd have a point. If there were no other clubs around you'd have a point, but since we're only talking about one golf course in a city with dozens of them you have nothing to stand on.
    In fact there's nothing wrong with a men's only golf club if a good reason for keeping it men only can be found (I can't think of one offhand).
    So, again, what activities should men be allowed to do when they wish to associate without women? The point isn't that men have to have a reason to do so (eg, women are generally slower players), only that a group of men have a wish to do so and form a club for that purpose. Or do you propose that the government should screen the bylaws of any group or club to see if they have a good enough reason to exist? Ah, the Dictatorship of the Proletariate suites you well.
    However, are you seriously suggesting that Canadian Communists are a clear and present danger to the lives and prospects of religious people? How many Canadian Communists do you know?
    How many members of Augusta National do you know? I know you better than you know any of them, and if that is the basis for deciding whether Canadian Communists should be considered dangerous I'd say hound them under Canada's (extreme leftist-wacko) hate speech laws at every turn.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
      Historical note: the word golf comes from
      Gentlemen
      Only
      Ladies
      Forbidden
      Actually, that's not true:

"A common misperception is that the name for this game is from an acronym standing for Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden. This is not true. The exact origin is uncertain, but it undoubtedly arises from a Germanic word for club. The Dutch kolf is often suggested, but there is no strong evidence that it was the Dutch word that was the inspiration. There are numerous other possibilities from different languages. The term dates to 1457."
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• NAW, all urban legend. It's really FLOG spelled backwards.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• why do women always want to ruin men's fun?

ahh screw it. give it to them. I'm tired of hearing them b!tch about it.

But I ask you: Where can men go to get away from women?

I heard someone say the men's room. But men's rooms aren't cozy like female restrooms. We don't have couches and such.

How long until women demand entrance into men's restrooms?

Comment

Working...
          X