No announcement yet.

Assassination? Decapitation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka, we are just trolling each other .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This thread is a delight.

I wouldn't ever imagine Eli criticizing the US harshly, and conservative Americans bashing Israel.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

what a POS thread.

of course the US are a bunch of hypocrites. du-h! Funny thing is that the US commanders on the ground realize themselves the difficulties Israel has been facing, and asked for Israel's advice lots of times, And Israel, of course will not go against the US, because, well, Israel stands to lose from such a thing.

The threat of an american turn against Israel, is low.

a) Israel has nukes, so no assault by the US.
        b) A US embargo will be extremely unpleasant, but we do most of our dealings with Europe, and if US will be against us, I have a pretty good feeling that France will support us.
        c) We can be a rather unpleasant "adversary", and can royally screw up things for the americans in the region.
        d) america wasn't always an ally of israel. the really close relationship began around 70'. We survived pretty well before that, and we were much weaker, comparatively. I would even see it a good thing in, forcing some real reforms in all ways of life, changing society, government, etc.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

If US will be against us, I have a pretty good feeling that France will support us

NOW that would be the end of the world as we know it
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

BTW, nice sig Azazel

Comment

Two points:

Criticizing the US is a stupid thing for an Israeli to do.

Advocating an attack on Israel is equally stupid, but in a different way.

Criticizing the US is stupid not due to whether or not it's true, but because it is to your disadvantage to due so. It is in your best interests to keep yourselves in the US's good graces.

Proposing an attack on Israel is stupid because a) despite the fact that they likely do posess WMD, they are not stupid enough to USE them preemptively, and b) it would serve no purpose. What would we achieve?

Comment

NOW that would be the end of the world as we know it

The opposite thing happened in the mid 60s. For some reason, De Gaulle started feeling all mushy and cozy with arabs, so he didn't let Israel have 3 patrol boats that were ordered by Israel ( and paid by Israeli money, too ). So the Mossad went, and took them.

About the sig: Thanks. It is an amazing quote, from a conversation between the two leaders. time to change the location and the pic, as well. I hate Nixon's square face in my screen all the time.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Criticizing the US is stupid not due to whether or not it's true, but because it is to your disadvantage to due so. It is in your best interests to keep yourselves in the US's good graces.

why is it stupid to do for a private citizen, such as Eli, if he believes in what he's saying ( and for a damn good reason! ). The Israeli MFA doesn't take that position. I could see the outrage if an Israeli diplomat has said: "USA are hypocrites", but that didn't happen, did it?
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    Criticizing the US is a stupid thing for an Israeli to do.
                    Whether or not Eli's criticisms are valid (and I'll admit theres a certain level of hipocracy in the US administraion - but then theres a certainly level of it in pretty much every political entity, and moreso in a superpower that has to deal with geopolitics that offer no perfect solutions) - why is it stupid for an individual Israeli to give criticism of the US? Cause they can't give any valid constructive criticism? Is it just stupid for Israeli citizens do criticize? What about Egyptian citizens? Or European? Or American?
                    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

and I'll admit theres a certain level of hipocracy in the US administraion - but then theres a certainly level of it in pretty much every political entity, and moreso in a superpower that has to deal with geopolitics that offer no perfect solutions

I think I summed it up rather nicely. du-h!
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

You guys can point to 3 instances in the last 12 months of attampted assasinations by the us suoing air power, and only one of them in an area were collateral damage was likely. Israel has had more than that in the last 3 months, and almst all those operation sin araes were collaterla damage can be mugh higher.

The Us has a much better scalpel, and while it is unfair to demand everyone act like the US without the US's toys, it is not 100% hypocritical.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

you gotta be ****ing kidding me. In this ****ing war, The US has already twice attacked a target in a civilian area much more densly populated than any palestinian town, while using bombs weighing hundreds of Kilos. Tens of people were killed in each instance.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Twice?

Once on monday, and before that? The other target at hussein was in a much more secluded compound. Even the Iraqis did not claim dozens dead at that first strike. So again, what is the otyher strike aimed at killing an individual that you speak of?

Comment

The first strike was also in the heart of Baghdad, not in a "secluded comound." The fact that little people were hurt is a matter of chance.

Besides, the point is that the US doesn't hesitate using targetted killings as a weapon in the densest of cities.

I won't even talk about the heavy use of artillery, and air support in inner-city enviroments by the coalition forces during fighting, while when Israel calls up a single air strike, it's the ****ing end of the world coming from washington.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Really? cause on the map it is on the southern edges, and even the Iraqis themselves claimed only a few people died in it.if the Iraqis say only a couple of people died in that attack, who am I to doubt them?

Comment

Working...
                                X