War crimes tribunal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War crimes tribunal

Why doesnt the US recognize the war crimes tribunal in Den Haag, although it does insist that others send their suspects on trial?

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y i believe it is spelled
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

They're afraid that some Americans might do nasty things, and don't want to let some for-n-ers to judge them...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

You mean like GWB and Rumsfeld?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Because countries like France Russia would start spurious lawsuits against American soldiers for political reasons.

And furthermore, it doesn't need to.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well ok bod, but then they shouldnt tell others to recognize it and send their accused war criminals to Den Hague.

Right?

Comment

Why not? Just because American citizens aren't going to be sent there, it doesn't mean no other nation's should.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

One could argue that Den Hauge could or should be used first and foremost when there's no other legal body in the person(s) own country that could be considered to be unpartial enough to handle a war crime. Probably the US thinks that they can handle their own crimes. I'm somewhat sceptical.

Comment

If US justice system is anything like the one we see on TV, I'd vote for Hague.

Remember OJ!
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                    Why not? Just because American citizens aren't going to be sent there, it doesn't mean no other nation's should.

The worse is,that he's probably serious
                    "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Of course I am. Why jeopardise a project because of one country's reasonable declaration that it wouldn't join?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well, thats double standards. A international war crimes tribunal shouldnt have double standards.

Comment

It's not double standards. It's American awareness that this "tribunal" will be used as a political weapon against them and their soldiers.

Enough said.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

whats to stop other "political" charges being brought.
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

There must always be a law.

Even for the mightiest of nations...
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X