Drunk Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Static Universe

I would say that driving isn't a right. It's a privilege.

If they can take away your right to vote for being convicted of a felony, then surely they can take away your drivers license if you are convicted of drunk driving.
    That actually is the stance of the law.
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

What do you guys think about those devices that they install in cars where you're supposed to blow in it and it works like breathelizer? If it shows you're over limits, the car won't start. So in able to drive your car, you must take the quick test. And every now and then it makes you do the blowing part again, so you can't drink after that either.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

sounds familiar.....

All for it. Pain in the ass for the driver, but that just adds to the deterrent factor.
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          And, of course, my Devil's Advocate argument that if you are THAT drunk, then how can you be held to the standard of a sober person? A drunk person probably doesn't know what he is doing.
          No excuse. I have gotten completely plowed at parties before - and I mean boderline alcohol-poisoning drunk where none of the 'words' coming out of my mouth were understandable to anyone and my legs wouldn't work. I still managed to pull my keys out of my pocket, fling them into the face of the pre-designated driver, point to my car and grunt.

Comment

Amesjustin, it is a pain in the butt, but maybe there could be a rule, that they are installed only in cars that belongs to first time drunk drivers. THey wouldn't have options if they want it or not, court orders. Then every once in a while they would test those devices, so that they can tell they're not being hacked or rigger in the hands of the offender.
            If they do that, work to bypass the system, then by all means the car now belongs to state.

And if they don't think it's fair, they can enroll themselves to treatment where they can try to beat alcoholism, or what ever makes them drive while intoxicated.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
            X