No announcement yet.

The Education situation in AMerica..and why it pisses me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War good for economy. Says so right here in my Great Depression book.
    Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Venom
      Troll sounds like he's rich. Let's rob him.
      Rich in the Lord and blessed by Him.

As for Moola, I am a working stiff!!

But, I wouldnt mind finding me a Leprachuan to save!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

well...how can that be if alot of money is going toward our military and hardly any to our schools?
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Hmmm, which means you're an in stater...close by then...I can definitely rob you.

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
            well...how can that be if alot of money is going toward our military and hardly any to our schools?
            Putting money into the schools isn't necessarily good for the economy either.

Comment

our military is only 4% of our budget. its a very large military. but its hardly some all consuming behemoth.

Comment

Well, most states in the union face hugen budget gaps for this year and next, and since they can't run deficits, they have to make huge cuts. The Fed can spend more than they make, which is why the DD gets all the money it wants.

Anywho..who is your loan provider? a state agency, or SallieMae? if its sallieMae, you can go to their site to check out the tersm for deferments.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

so where the hell is it all going!?
                  "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

how much infuence do you think war has/had on this econmic crisis?
                    I often wonder if some wars or conflicts/police actions are not timed so as to cover an economic pit.

I am not an economics major not a studied historian to do a timeline leading up to each conflict vs economic fiasco.

It just seems in many caes they coincide sometimes.

I do however somewhat blame the economy on labor. People want more money more benefits and to pay less for products and education and such as your case, need more assistance in eductaion.

I know in business (I am a Manager) that the leaner times are, the less money to donate to such worthy causes.

If you keep paying people more Total Compensation (wages,benefits,health insurance, vacation and holidays) then the cost of living goes up (it is passed on to the consumer) then competition becomes tougher so your company has to cut back somewhere, funding to needy causes is one of first unfortunately!

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Also the downturn in the economy ate up all of the state tax surpluses and that's where all the school money comes from.

Comment

What yavoon should have said is that military spending is equal to 4% or GNP. It makes up 1/3 of the federal governments discretionary spending (perhaps a bit more now). the thing is, most money for uni, and specially for those you mentioned, come out of state, not federal, coffers. And the states are broke.

Comment

it is sad though that we can't even get into places and that people are loosing their jobs in unis.
                          so the bad economy is basically that no one is buying anything...right?

Comment

The bad economy is due, as far as I understand it, to overcapacity. Consumers had been spending rather normally until just a few eeks ago, but business were not spending, sicne they could not expand profitably. lately, consumer spending seems to be edging down, so perhaps the economy might go into recession again.

Comment

it is sad though that we can't even get into places and that people are loosing their jobs in unis.
                              so the bad economy is basically that no one is buying anything...right?
                              Well, people are buying, but less "Frivilous" items and more "essential" items. Maybe someone was buying a car every five years re-thinks and pushes to 7-1o years or vacations or even newer furniture/appliances.

Trickle down effect.

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

yah, like duct tape.

and we spend about 15% of our budget on military, so my bad. unless we increased it insanely recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X