War good for economy. Says so right here in my Great Depression book.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Education situation in AMerica..and why it pisses me off
Collapse
X
-
well...how can that be if alot of money is going toward our military and hardly any to our schools?"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Comment
-
Putting money into the schools isn't necessarily good for the economy either.Originally posted by devilmunchkin
well...how can that be if alot of money is going toward our military and hardly any to our schools?Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****
Comment
-
Well, most states in the union face hugen budget gaps for this year and next, and since they can't run deficits, they have to make huge cuts. The Fed can spend more than they make, which is why the DD gets all the money it wants.Originally posted by devilmunchkin
well...how can that be if alot of money is going toward our military and hardly any to our schools?
Anywho..who is your loan provider? a state agency, or SallieMae? if its sallieMae, you can go to their site to check out the tersm for deferments.If you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
I often wonder if some wars or conflicts/police actions are not timed so as to cover an economic pit.Originally posted by devilmunchkin
how much infuence do you think war has/had on this econmic crisis?
I am not an economics major not a studied historian to do a timeline leading up to each conflict vs economic fiasco.
It just seems in many caes they coincide sometimes.
I do however somewhat blame the economy on labor. People want more money more benefits and to pay less for products and education and such as your case, need more assistance in eductaion.
I know in business (I am a Manager) that the leaner times are, the less money to donate to such worthy causes.
If you keep paying people more Total Compensation (wages,benefits,health insurance, vacation and holidays) then the cost of living goes up (it is passed on to the consumer) then competition becomes tougher so your company has to cut back somewhere, funding to needy causes is one of first unfortunately!
Peace
Grandpa TrollHi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah
Comment
-
What yavoon should have said is that military spending is equal to 4% or GNP. It makes up 1/3 of the federal governments discretionary spending (perhaps a bit more now). the thing is, most money for uni, and specially for those you mentioned, come out of state, not federal, coffers. And the states are broke.If you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
it is sad though that we can't even get into places and that people are loosing their jobs in unis.
so the bad economy is basically that no one is buying anything...right?"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Comment
-
The bad economy is due, as far as I understand it, to overcapacity. Consumers had been spending rather normally until just a few eeks ago, but business were not spending, sicne they could not expand profitably. lately, consumer spending seems to be edging down, so perhaps the economy might go into recession again.If you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
Well, people are buying, but less "Frivilous" items and more "essential" items. Maybe someone was buying a car every five years re-thinks and pushes to 7-1o years or vacations or even newer furniture/appliances.Originally posted by devilmunchkin
it is sad though that we can't even get into places and that people are loosing their jobs in unis.
so the bad economy is basically that no one is buying anything...right?
Trickle down effect.
Peace
Grandpa TrollHi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah
Comment
Comment