i voted for nader. i wanted a new party...a new something....i felt that way then..and i sure as hell feel that way now..especially since i'm getting the shaft and it's damn near impossible these days to get yourself started in life without help...when you're alone...things suck.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Education situation in AMerica..and why it pisses me off
Collapse
X
-
Electing two or three 3rd party Senators or a block of 20-30 3rd party Congressmen would certainly have an effect in the Congress or Senate. Jim Jeffords anybody?Originally posted by Maniac
Imran S: Only Democrats and Republicans have any real power, and due to the nature of your election system, there isn't much chance there will ever be a multi-party coalitions in the near or far future. New parties don't have a realistic chance.
By European standards the most left of two, the Democrats, could at most be considered centrist, not leftish.If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.
Comment
-
You dont reckon they checked out your spelling?Originally posted by GePap
On the loans issue: it is rather easy to deffer your loans. The thing is not to ask for a defferment based on unemployment, since they ask you for records from your states unemployment office, but to claim it on the basis of economic hardship, like not having and income. If you take that route, getting a 12 month defferment is relatively simple.
It may need some assistance for the field your trying to further your education in
Just a thought, maybe that had some bearing on it?
I am by far not an expert, for my spelling/grammar/composition absolutely sux.
I was just pointing out that maybe that had something to do with it?
Peace
Grandpa TrollHi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah
Comment
-
You contact whatever government or private organization that backed your student loans and ask them to send you the paperwork so you can put off that point at which you have to start paying your loans if you can show them that for some reason you lack the ability to pay them back without hardship, and being out of work and hacving no income is just such a situation.Originally posted by devilmunchkin
what is deferrment?
As soemone who also never suffered a real personal setback until I came out of college as well, you can;t let things bring you down that much. You are young, with plenty of time ahead. Going to grad school after a few years off is the normal thing to do. Just try for next year and look for something in between. Perhaps adding some work or life experience might be what tips the scales in your favor next round.and i'm still angry!
frustrated actually. i dislike setbacks...i dislike not being able to realize my dreams despite hard work and success in my undergrad stuff....it sucks. it's like life just won't let you get ahead. you'd think that it would make more sense to promote education since we're the up and coming generation that is gonna run things. it makes me wanna send all those politicians to lack luster abusive nursing homes when they're oldIf you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
Nice troll.Originally posted by Troll
You dont reckon they checked out your spelling?
It may need some assistance for the field your trying to further your education in
Just a thought, maybe that had some bearing on it?
I am by far not an expert, for my spelling/grammar/composition absolutely sux.
I was just pointing out that maybe that had something to do with it?
Peace
Grandpa Troll
Poly is nott he sort of place were spelling matters. given how i graduated, I am sure as hell that my spelling had nothing to do with anything, also given that my spelling while typing is much worse than that while writting by hand.If you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
isn't it often with the principle "The winner gets all." instead of representation according to your percentage of votes? Such a structure encourages the evolution towards a two-party system, which IMHO cannot decently represent all social groups and defend their interests.
But what if a leftist got a majority of the votes? Then.... he'd be in office.
And have you ever SEEN the huge variances within the two parties? To even consider that they are exactly the same internally is silly.“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Comment
-
Ok and for the record, my daughter is fortunate. She graduated UNC-Chapel Hill, took a year off to teach middle school, then finally got accepted to Wake Forest Medical School where she is completing her P.A. training.Originally posted by GePap
Nice troll.
Poly is nott he sort of place were spelling matters. given how i graduated, I am sure as hell that my spelling had nothing to do with anything, also given that my spelling while typing is much worse than that while writting by hand.
It is tough and I feel for you, keep trying have patience and maybe some person whom has some place they know of some funding will post here. It took our family a long time and a multitude of applications to assist in my daighters financing!
Best of fortunes
Peace
Grandpa TrollHi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah
Comment
-
I think you can know my response on that from my previous posts... Your election structure assures the current people in power stay in power. Sure it's theoretically possible, but the odds are extremely against them.But what if a leftist got a majority of the votes? Then.... he'd be in office.
I assume this is another example of the typical right-wing thought: "As long as they have enough support, they can get in office, no matter the odds.", similar to "As long as you want work, you can find work; if not, you're lazy" and "You can achieve what you want in life, if you just work hard enough, even if you start right at the bottom of society, with little opportunities to improve your situation."
Right-wingers don't seem to grasp society isn't entirely meritocratic and that there are many factors which keep the small small and the big big.
IMHO not enough to ensure a healthy democratic process. The Communist Party in the USSR probably also had variances between the top members...And have you ever SEEN the huge variances within the two parties?
Comment
-
I think you can know my response on that from my previous posts... Your election structure assures the current people in power stay in power. Sure it's theoretically possible, but the odds are extremely against them.
Self-defeatest talk. Look at the history of the United States and political parties, especially in the 1800s.
It's the only fair system, IMO. The person with the most votes wins the spot.
Right-wingers don't seem to grasp society isn't entirely meritocratic and that there are many factors which keep the small small and the big big.

Because elections are a mertiocratic exercise?
Left-wingers don't seem to grasp that society isn't ALL about class consciousness and 'evil' capitalists.
IMHO not enough to ensure a healthy democratic process.
It is plenty healthy. Simply because the people YOU like don't get elected doesn't make is sick
. Maybe you should admit to yourself that people like voting for centrists.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Comment
-
May I add that devilmunchkin is the one greatly frustrated by the outcome of her search for a grad school. I myself decided to take a few years off. my difficulty has been in gaining employment.Originally posted by Troll
Ok and for the record, my daughter is fortunate. She graduated UNC-Chapel Hill, took a year off to teach middle school, then finally got accepted to Wake Forest Medical School where she is completing her P.A. training.
It is tough and I feel for you, keep trying have patience and maybe some person whom has some place they know of some funding will post here. It took our family a long time and a multitude of applications to assist in my daighters financing!
Best of fortunes
Peace
Grandpa TrollIf you don't like reality, change it! me
"Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
"it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Comment
-
its true that america wont have a third party anytime soon. but the democrats/republicans actually move around along the political scale quite a bit according to whichever side is winning.
the other side will co opt some ideas and thus some votes and boom we are back at middle again.
also I think to arbitrarily use europe as what left means is a lil silly. its no worse than arbitrarily using america, but europe is pretty damn socialist=D
Comment

Comment