No announcement yet.

Rumsfeld Warns Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is really stupid for the US to start another front now. Make that really stupid.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I agree, actually. But I don't think that an action would be taken.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

• See, now if Dumbsfeld hadn't opened his fat gob in public, Syria wouldn't have publicly backed the Iraqis - he made the French situation worse, he caused the British problems...

Someone please shut the moron up!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• how does it matter if Syria backs the Iraquis privately or publicly.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

• makes them feel better after getting repeatedly beat like red-headed stepchildren in every major engagement they've fought vs western forces/Israel since the foundation of their nation.

Comment

• Azazel, it makes a major difference because the Syrians could be seen to be openly defying the United States. This lends support to the anti-war people who said that the war in Iraq would lead to "destabilization."

Morbius, did you know that Syria reacted to Powell's statements, not Rumsfeld's?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• These effects are negligble, in relation to the actual existance of such help ( I don't mean the help itself, I mean the effects on foreign policies of the US and Syria, when the US knows of the shipments ).

This is esp. correct since the amount of attention the Bush Administration gives to outside advice is ~0.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
                  I agree, actually. But I don't think that an action would be taken.
                  That's even worse. On one hand, the W admin is trying to establish this "We Mean Business" kind of image. OTOH, now you have these puny countries publicly laughing at senior officials in his cabinet, and completely blowing everything out of the water.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X