America, land of the....sued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America, land of the....sued

America, the land of the sued.....why is that?

Why do everyone sue everyone overthere?
    Why does a fat lady sue McDonalds because she's fat? I never seen a Big Mac forcing its way into a mouth! I've seen one forcing its way out though...Plus McDonald dont even deliver!! The woman HAD to have a part of responsibility it her "fatness". And she still has a chance to win?!?!
    Why does a man that gets cut with his saw sue the company that made it? HE is using the frikin saw, the company that made it didn't put his finger in front of it, and if the guy thought it wasn't safe, why did he buy it?
    Why does an old lady sue Kenmore because her cat died when she tried tp dry it in the microwave? How stupid can the old bag be? That's why we have instructions in microwave manuals today that state:" Do not use to dry pets". No shlt Sherlock!
    Why does a burgglar sue the owner of a house he tried to rob because the owners dog bit his hand when he stuck it inside the window to try to open it?! He won the bastard!

What the f**k is that all about? How can these people have a chance to win? How can your legal system be that.......sorry but.....stupid?
    Here in Canada a women tried the same thing. She tried to sue Imperial tabacco because she could'nt stop smoking. The Juge condemned her to 2 month in jail for (sorry I only know the legal terms in french) waste of time for the court (outrage a la cour) and bashing the reputation of Imperial Tabacco (atteinte a la réputation).
    I think that THAT is what she deserved.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Because we believe that everyone should have a right to sue. We don't throw people in jail for trying to exercise their rights to sue (though we may fine them for frivolous lawsuits).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The problem is that in many cases, the people actually win those Silly Lawsuits... sigh...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"
        What the f**k is that all about? How can these people have a chance to win? How can your legal system be that.......sorry but.....stupid?
        Here in Canada a women tried the same thing. She tried to sue Imperial tabacco because she could'nt stop smoking. The Juge condemned her to 2 month in jail for (sorry I only know the legal terms in french) waste of time for the court (outrage a la cour) and bashing the reputation of Imperial Tabacco (atteinte a la réputation).
        I think that THAT is what she deserved. "

That is horrible. It is the fundamental right of people in a civil society ask to seek redress for wrongs comitted against them.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          The problem is that in many cases, the people actually win those Silly Lawsuits... sigh...
          Exactly.....but why is that? Why cant the juges just tell those people that they are stupid? I dont get that. It's like if they were rewarded or compensated for their stupidity.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: America, land of the....sued

Originally posted by Spectator
            America, the land of the sued.....why is that?

Why do everyone sue everyone overthere?
            Lawyers run the country.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I agree with Ming here. It's everyones right to sue (in other countries too, just a reminder ), but in the US they win often. So.. because of that it makes many people opportunists.. suing when they really don't feel violated, rather they just want money. But that's not the fault of the system. People are greedy.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                That is horrible. It is the fundamental right of people in a civil society ask to seek redress for wrongs comitted against them.
                WRONG?!?! WRONG!?!?!?! What the **** is wrong there? The stupid old bag tried to dry her cat in a MICROWAVE!!! The guy tried to ROB the house and he got bit INSIDE the house (If I'm right you can shoot someone that comes in your house...but your dog cant bite him..)! The lady eats at McDonalds becuase SHE LIKES IT and she is fat because she eats to MUCH!!

They are stupid.

Spec.

Comment

lawyers and judges let people win silly lawsuits, so that more people will sue so that more lawyers can make more money
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It's a good question, and a major issue in the US.

The original intent of civil lawsuits was, I believe, to ensure a certain amount of equality and fairness under the law. Today, they are more often used to satisfy feelings of entitlement and outright greed.

In the medical field, people simply seem to forget that doctors are human, and as fallible as any other human being. Emotions run high when the death of a loved one is involved, and people forget that the original intent was not to harm.

Perhaps the greatest cause of lawsuits in America is lawyers. Civil litigation is a very profitable way to maintain a practice, hence the phrase "ambulance chasers". A lot of these guys have no ethics, and no regard for the consequences of a lawsuit. They take advantage of people who are emotionally vulnerable and lure them with the possibility of huge compensation for their state, loss, or injury.
                    "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                    "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

... and then are reversed on Appeal, but that doesn't make good sensationalist news, does it?

--

And besides MOST of the changes in the law or practices came from lawsuits. Ford stopped making deathtraps like the Pinto because they were sued!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A lot of American's have lost their common sense.

What pisses me off is where thieves go into a house to rob it, hurt themselves and sue the house owners, then win!

WTF is that all about?
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                          2 month in jail... without cigarettes.
                          Everybody would be happy, including her...
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

2 months in jail for wasting the court's time is harsh, to say the least. I agree her case should have been dismissed as soon as the judge has seen it, and she should have paid a big fine for her absurd case. But 2 months in prison ? I don't call this justice
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

well the people who sued the tobacco companies won becuase the tobacco lied about it being addicted and it health problems.
                              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                              X