Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    sounds interesting.

and yes technology could make those things obsolete.

Esp. if those EMP burst devices could be provided to every soldier. Imagine just using a targetted electromagnetic pulse that disables tanks, planes, and missiles at will. Although tanks may be able to use shielding to protect them from that. Planes and missiles might be too heavy with shielding.

but imagine what other electronic warfare capability will be developed in the future. That could make those things obsolete. Then we'd have to go back to using non-electronic dummy bombs and artillery. It would send us back to WW1 indeed.
    Not. Russians would go back by few years when they had nice EMP hardening, don't know how much it was damaged by using "western electronics", on their planes. Satelites would be in danger just by ASAT. Only US planes and troops would be in big problems.

BTW this would be nice too.

EurekAlert! is an online science news service featuring health, medicine, science and technology news from leading research institutions and universities. Sponsored by AAAS, the science society.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Women are 2nd, no, 3rd class citizens.
      Maybe in the US.

Short people suck.
      Wait till they cut you off the the kneecaps.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: After Iraq, China?

Originally posted by BlackStone
        Maybe I have been reading too many Tom Clancy novels.......
        One is too many.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

the great thing is you look asian.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

China executes more people than the rest of the world combined, and that includes Texas.
            Originally posted by MarkG
            someone please do a comparison of the population of china and the rest of the world...
            Texas 2002 Executions: 33
            Texas 2002 Population: 21.5M
            Texas Execution Rate 2002: 1.53 per Million

China 2001 Executions: 2,500
            China 2001 Populations: 1.2B
            China Execution Rate = 2.08 per Million

Difference is only 1 more execution per 2 million people. Not bad for a communist government and a backward people, eh?

In fairness, Texas only executed 17 people in 2001, however, Texas executed 40 people in 2000.
            sum dum guy

Comment

Originally posted by muppet

Not bad for a communist government and a backward people, eh?
              Suffices to say that both of the above statements are blatantly inaccurate.
              Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Difference is only 1 more execution per 2 million people. Not bad for a communist government and a backward people, eh?
                almost like a lottery
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone
                  Eli, you have this quote as a signature "We will have peace with the Arabs when they will love their children more than they hate us" - Golda Meir.

I think it probably truer to say that you will have peace with the Arabs once your external funding stops.

feels good
                  You threadjacked your own thread
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by ranskaldan
                    Suffices to say that both of the above statements are blatantly inaccurate.
                    I think that's said in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                      BlackStone :
                      I think it probably truer to say that you will have peace with the Arabs once your external funding stops.
                      Since such situation will quickly lead to a world shortage of Arabs and Oil, you'll lose more than you'll gain.

Excellent, theres nothing like listening to a draft dodger talking tough.
                      Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

You threadjacked your own thread
                        I am employing Iraqi standard military tactics in this thread. Thats right I have none!

Anyway I haven't been on for a while and I couldn't resist.

Slow

It is the United Kingdom & British in this war with you not just England.
                        Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Women are 2nd, no, 3rd class citizens.
                          Actually, I was shocked by how many women are treated in China. While most admit that the communist revolution improved the status of women there, China is still lagging compared to the West in this regard. Which is a shame, because the women tend to come across more intelligent and sophisticated than the men, who come across as (pardon my express, and this certainly doesn't apply to all, just too many that I've met there) goofballs.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Excellent, theres nothing like listening to a draft dodger talking tough
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

He's right though.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Excellent, theres nothing like listening to a draft dodger talking tough.

I would've insulted you, but my English insults always sound lame.

I'll just have to civilly remind you that i'm a draft dodger who's going to commit himself for 9 years to the army, and 6 of them I'll be actively serving.
                                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                                X