Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Iraq, China?

After Iraq, China?

I have heard increasing speculation that the current conflict is part of a greater plan aimed eventually at taking on China in someway. Now I don’t know how much of this is aimless speculation, so I have some questions:

Has anyone else heard anything about China being a future or final target?

Would this mean that the cold war is in effect still on just that we are mopping up the last communist resisters?

Can we expect other communist regimes (Cuba) to come under further pressure?

What would this say about the world order now, concerted efforts by the allies for a world in whatever image they think is best; or loose association of friends (and freedom loving peoples of course) who band together when the going gets tough but otherwise no coordination?

I don’t know so I am seeking some sage advice, and as I don’t seem to be able to find that I am turning to the Apolyton rabble for some: wild conspiracy theories; right wing rant and liberal knicker wetting.

So once you have finished sticking the pages of that catalogue together please post you ideas.

Thanks you,

BlackStone
    Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

if only. sadly china has a very large army and nukes...
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

The way things look now, Baghdad will be under Iraqi control for couple more years.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

i don't see the jews rushing to our aid
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Re: After Iraq, China?

Originally posted by BlackStone
          After Iraq, China?

I have heard increasing speculation that the current conflict is part of a greater plan aimed eventually at taking on China in someway.
          You shouldn't believe everything you hear
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
            Their army is mainly sh*t though isn't? I don't mean to be rude to our little yellow friends but surely they would be hard pressed to prevail against our technological superiority?

Or perhaps like the USSR we would apply indirect pressure?

Comment

We have seen how 'cautious', to say the least, the US has been dealing with countries pretending to have the potential to nuke California (NK).
              I don't think there will be any war against China, for the fear of nukes on both sides is as strong as during the cold war. The Americans or the Chinese would be very foolish to attack each other, for the sake of beginning a nuclear apocalypse.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

China seems on course for democracy on it's own, and isn't really too much of an oppressed tyranny

This sounds absurd

Comment

Re: Re: After Iraq, China?

Originally posted by Ming

You shouldn't believe everything you hear
                  It sounded plausible to me because I remember the Bush administration having some problems with the Chinese earlier on (thought the precise nature I cannot remember).

Also they are the only other power in the world right now (growing in strength financially) and they are communist heathens, so it did sound like there might be something there.

A bit of a stretch of the imagination perhaps (China does seem to want to keep its head down on the international scene). Maybe I have been reading too many Tom Clancy novels.......

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                    China seems on course for democracy on it's own, and isn't really too much of an oppressed tyranny
                    tell that to tibet...

BS, yes china's army isn't up to much, but an invasion would be unthinkable in political, economic and military terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

This sounds absurd

That's only because it is absurd.

China executes more people than the rest of the world combined, and that includes Texas.

Women are 2nd, no, 3rd class citizens.

What else?
                      Oh yeah. They're short. The French are short, too.
                      Can you see the relationship?

Short people suck.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Oh yeah. They're short. The French are short, too.
                        Can you see the relationship?

Short people suck.
                        I see I have missed out on all the French bashing .

Was it good

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone
                          I don't mean to be rude to our little yellow friends
                          That goes beyond rude... one more crack like that and you are toast...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Eli, you have this quote as a signature "We will have peace with the Arabs when they will love their children more than they hate us" - Golda Meir.

I think it probably truer to say that you will have peace with the Arabs once your external funding stops.

feels good

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
                              Are you serious?!?! This is not Bush planet!! Man some people get me mad....Ignorance rules all on this planet.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X