Have you been "Shocked and Awed"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikander
    Old enough to remember The Indochina War (Vietnam etc.), 6 Day War, Yom Kippur War, Operation Peace for Galilea, Grenada, Nicaragua, Panama, The Falklands, Northern Ireland, Kashmir, India - Pakistan, Burma, Bangladesh, Yugoslavia, Angola, Ethiopia, South Africa, Rhodesia, Biafra, Congo, Zaire, Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Central African Republic, Chad, Iran - Iraq, Gulf War 1, Cyprus, Afghanistan 1 and 2 and 3, and many many more.
    Sounds like good sig material for yourself
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kramerman
      Sikander

Sounds like good sig material for yourself
      I'd have to fill in the other half of the information, and perhaps organize it chronologically or something.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• I must say that those who think that the US is an imperialistic, evil nation have been disproven.

Because if the allies had indeed unleashed the total power of their combined militaries, Iraq would be dust.

The 3-4 hour battle that the us marines engaged in in Um Qasr was an indication of that.

They could have ended the battle in as little as a half hour by levelling the city. But they chose to engage targets more restrictively with an emphasis on the safety of innocents, and making sure that they only target combatants.

If the US and its allies were as evil as some would think, Iraq would be a wasteland as we speak.

And to prove this, I refer you to the fact that the US Marines were ambushed as they tried to take prisoners who faked surrender.

The Iraqi's or other EVIL nations would have shot surrendering soldiers on site...as the Iraqi's have done

But, the US decided to go easy...and they were killed as a result...

Gee, the US must be evil imperialists...yeah...
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• I'm not sure you can say that. As they do have 5 POW's. They did not shoot them on sight.

Comment

• When did Serb change his name?

Comment

• Serb is anti-US. This guy is, ahem, a US Patriot.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wycoff
                Ellestar-

No regime that has ever existed, including the Nazi regime, was as brutal as the Soviet Union under Stalin. Somewhere between 25,000,000 and 40,000,000 Soviet citizens were killed by the regime. How do you feel about that? Was that an honorable thing to do?
                Its a sad fact that many russian posters(and assorted apologists) seem to think the SU was entitled to muredr ots own citizens and that it would be wonderful if Stalin acme back and brought order to the country.
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• Hm.

Cluster bombs were used against Basra.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    Serb is anti-US. This guy is, ahem, a US Patriot.
                    Who?

Comment

Working...
                    X