• Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is Saddam Hussein's son possibly?

I'll go with that answer

Comment

To Agathon, judging from his posts in this thread -- >

Comment

I have not been shocked. From what I've heard, they've not yet used a MOAB, so no- no shock value yet.

Comment

how, exactly, would you know what it accomplished?
          Well, I don't see any real changes, except a slight change in the Baghdad skyline. do you?
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

i have been as shocked and as awed as i was on 9/11. this is just another butchery and i can only hope that both osama and dubbya will have a slow and painful death

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              anybody have video of Saddam's palce being blown up.

Yes I'm evil, I delighted in that. All that money was supposed to go to his people, not his palace. So we had a right to blow that baby up
              i thought that the basics of american way of life is a respect for private property (if that was indeed his)

Comment

For me 9/11 was shock and Awe (awe in the sense of the insanity of that day).

In the name of liberty the UK and US will be killing many thousands more then died on that tragic day. I fully appreciate they are being as careful as possible to reduce civilian and collateral damage though that can never be 100%. Despite the claim and counter claim regarding the numbers of Iraqi civilian deaths it seems to me the numbers will eventually be in the thousands. God only knows how many innocent and not so innocent people will die in the eventual push into bagdad.

How ironic it is that we are using weapons of mass destruction (did you see the TV last night) to liberate a country which allegedly posses them?

To date we have lost 13 brave British soldiers (thats 13 to many), in action I support our troops but for the future we need to learn a lesson. THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY.

Comment

Those aren't weapons of mass destruction. These are:

Comment

Originally posted by Barley
                    THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                      Somethn that would be pretty awe inspiring is if the US ever gets an oppertunity to drop a couple of MOABs on the Iraqi military... That might even break the Republican Guards' spirits... too bad they are hiding behind civilians like cowardly brats.
                      This outburst displays some amazing naivete. Yes, the RG sure has cheek to defend Baghdad in the most effective way (ie. to hunker down within the city), and not come out in the open so the US can kill them all from the air.

It's a perfectly acceptable military solution, and any civilian casualties resulting from defending the city are collateral damage in the purest definition of the word.

Any country in the world would do the same, given the circumstances.
                      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                      - Lone Star

Comment

Actually, AFIAK, the geneva convetion says otherwise. You cannot use concentrations of civilians as valid defensive positions.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Oh, and Jaakko, I've got ADSL, now where can I get the taste of interesting anime? (whatever it is)
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            Actually, AFIAK, the geneva convetion says otherwise. You cannot use concentrations of civilians as valid defensive positions.
                            Not exactly, I think. You can't use them as shields, yes, but it works both ways, ie. the US can't expect the Iraqi troops to commit suicide by going into open, merely because there are civilians in the area.

What both parties have to do is give civilians every opportunity to leave the area where the battle is taking place. Which will be difficult in Baghdad, because the civilians don't really have any place to go to, and are reluctant to leave their homes to a patch of desert where their fate is sketchy at best.

I'll send you a PM about the anime.
                            "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                            - Lone Star

Comment

What is it with you guys and the MOAB? it is a weapon designed against bunkers of fortified positions only. Dropping a MOAB will not break any troops wating to resist, anymore then a whole bunch of 2000lb bombs would .

Iraq says 200 people injured..which is very light, thankfully.

Again, all the set targets were probably empty, so in terms of what daamge ahd been done form this barrage...mainly psychological and for public consumption.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

american butchers

Comment

Working...
                                X