Have you been "Shocked and Awed"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been "Shocked and Awed"?

For me? Last night was getting there, but I still haven't seen the full might of the American and British military.
    Yes
    16.98%
    No
    58.49%
    The banana continues to shock and awe me.
    24.53%

We will not see the full might of the U or Uk military: the ful might would kill lots of people and created a diplomatic backlash agains the US and UK.

The attacks are impressive, but since they are os targeted, the extent of the destruction is limited (which is the plan. we have to rebuild anything we break). Again, this aint Grozny and we aint the Ruskies.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I agree completely with GePap.

BTW, I'm "shocked and awed" by what I just said...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You never want to see that US has to unleash its full might.

Comment

They have said the 'shock and awe' part hasn't happened yet.

Comment

The shock and awe part begun tonight, at least according to FOX, who was blaring this before any bombing or Baghdad for the night had begun.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Really? I was under the assumption it wouldn't occur until tomorrow, at the earliest.

Comment

another poster wrote:

Why I hate the war:
                It means that in every place on the web I end up reading posts by clearly insane, mouth-foaming Americans gloating in their wholescale genocide of the iraqui populace, which means I have to be angry all the time. It's really annoying.

still applicable

Comment

Well written.

My question is: how many Iraqi civilians have been killed in the war by the US/UK attack so far?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've been shocked, but there is certainly nothing to be in awe about
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

UR, last I heard: One confirmed dead...and he was Jordanian. From that first missile targetting Saddam himself, I believe.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Weren't you in awe from the kewl pyrotechnics ? I thought it was the very purpose of the live footage !
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Drosedars : from what I've seen in the News thread, there has also been a dead driving a bus between Iraq and Palestine. And Agathon talked about the destroyed civilian vehicles shown on BBC.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

another poster wrote:

still applicable
                            yet another poster wrote:

Funny, everywhere I go on the web I find clearly insane, mouth-foaming anti-war people writing articles like ‘Calling a Spade a Spade: American Fascism’, which means I have to be in a constant state of mild amusement. I just want it to stop.

which is also still applicable.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                              Drosedars : from what I've seen in the News thread, there has also been a dead driving a bus between Iraq and Palestine. And Agathon talked about the destroyed civilian vehicles shown on BBC.
                              And the row of dead civilians lying next to them.

Can I say a few things to people who are perhaps too young to remember GW1.

1) Don't believe what officials tell you. Their mission is to give the most favourable impression of events that they can - they will do this with no respect for the truth (it's their job). This means not mentioning civilian casualties and overstating successes. Last time they told us the Patriots were working (they weren't). Then they told us that they'd destroyed SCUDS (they were tanker trucks). Then they told us that collateral damage had been minimalised by "smart" weapons (yeah right?). We didn't see pictures of the masscre on the road out of Kuwait until much later.

2) Don't believe what the news tells you - the fog of war is just that. And the embedded newspeople are effectively controlled by the military.

3) If they aren't talking about something - it's probably not going as well as they hoped.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X